PDA

View Full Version : Landing Page / Home Page

205mx
01-16-2013, 05:05 PM
On my website I currently have a basic set up. I have an E-Message form over,

I have started thinking that it may serve well to put this as my landing page when folks first arrive to my site.

The main problem I have with this is it seems like im begging for a sale... but isnt that the point?

Anyway, i had multiple people contact me this year using the e-message... or form over. not sure what to call it.

the new landing page wouldnt necessarily be the home page, id still have a home page, it just wouldnt be what first pops up. i could call the home page what ever, that doesnt matter at this point.

tell me what you think.

Home page: www.mytnlawn.com

possible new home/landing page: http://www.mytnlawn.com/e-message

thanks all

tonygreek
01-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Why not put a condensed "quick contact" form on each page? If you send visitors to your form page first, you're not introducing your business and services to them.

Re: "e-message", the standard term for this is "contact form". I see that you use the term "e-message" in both the main menu, side bar, and content. Maybe people will click there just to find out what the heck an e-message is. :)

As a suggestion, you have a contact page (phone/email) and an e-message contact form page...and an estimate page (phone/email/contact form). That's three separate navigation menu items that goes to three separate pages that all essentially do the same thing. There's really no reason to not have them just be one page. Your visitors might appreciate it.

Also, if you haven't seen it, there is a dedicated web sub-forum here on lawnsite.

205mx
01-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Ok. Changed a few things around. Thanks for the advice. I have been told before, that it's ok to direct people to the same page through different places, basically the more billboards you have the better. But I don't know. Working on it.

If you have time again to do so, check it out. Really appreciate the advice. Always nice to have eyes from the outside!
Posted via Mobile Device

205mx
01-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Oh I see what you are saying, direct to one page. Not three different ones.

I did a combo of things to set this site up. One step was looking at the top 3 companies in my area's websites
Posted via Mobile Device

205mx
01-16-2013, 06:14 PM
I got rid of the contact for page.

Basically now I just have an estimates page and a contact page.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the advise.

Case Closed!