PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Meyer FL. need your help.

DJ Contracting
01-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Hello my name is Joe and I'm from Michigan. If your in the FT. Meyer area and happen to see a black 16 foot cargo trailer with my name and logo running around please call me and if possible could you get information about the truck pulling it. I sold the trailer about a year ago to someone that was moving to the area and was going to sell the trailer after the move, whether he did or not I don't know. I just received a call for some work in the area because the gentleman took my number off the trailer. I informed the gentleman that I was in Mich. and that I had sold the trailer, anyway I would like to somehow get a hold of the new owner so that my information can be removed. Thanks for any help. Joe

DJ Contracting
01-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Time for a bump.

KrayzKajun
01-17-2013, 07:30 PM
You dont know who you sold the trailer too?
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ Contracting
01-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Yes he bought the trailer to move from Mich. to FL. and now I don't know how to get a hold of him. He sold the trailer when he was done (it was cheaper to buy a trailer do the move then sell the trailer) as compared to renting a truck and not being able to recoup his money, so who he sold it to I have no idea.

KrayzKajun
01-17-2013, 07:51 PM
I would hunt down the guy you sold it too and find out who he sold it too. You did do a legal bill of sale and title transfer?
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ Contracting
01-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Yes to the bill of sale however the trailer when I bought it new from the factory did not come with a title, therefor no title transfer was needed.

knox gsl
01-17-2013, 07:57 PM
That should've been stripped off before leaving your shop. I know that its to late now, good luck.

orangemower
01-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Yes to the bill of sale however the trailer when I bought it new from the factory did not come with a title, therefor no title transfer was needed.

All you got was a certificate of origin. You should have gotten a title for the trailer once you registered it. You did do that right? You should of had a title after you tagged it. Then signed it over to the dude you sold it to. I bet you tossed a trailer tag on it that you already had from a different trailer.

DJ Contracting
01-18-2013, 04:04 PM
All you got was a certificate of origin. You should have gotten a title for the trailer once you registered it. You did do that right? You should of had a title after you tagged it. Then signed it over to the dude you sold it to. I bet you tossed a trailer tag on it that you already had from a different trailer.

As stated above I bought this trailer BRAND NEW with no title from the factory in the state of Indiana then when I tagged it in Mich. WITH A BRAND NEW PLATE all I got from the SOS (Secretary Of State) was a registration for the state Of MICH. Back in 05 when I bought the trailer they did not issue titles for them, this information was from the SOS of Mich. however they may have titles for new ones now. When I bought my existing "used" enclosed trailer I again was asking the SOS if there was supposed to be a title with the trailer and they said NO TITLE was needed just a registration. So I hope I made this clear that I did NOT toss a trailer tag that I already had from a different trailer, as all my trailer are tagged with the proper plates and registrations. But thanks for your help.

Greg78
01-18-2013, 04:07 PM
I'll let you know if I happen to see it.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ Contracting
01-18-2013, 04:25 PM
I'll let you know if I happen to see it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you Greg78 I appreciate it.