PDA

View Full Version : toro / turfmaster 30"

dig419
01-16-2013, 08:35 PM
has any one bought the toro turfmaster 30" walk-behind. over all results ?

doobs41378
01-16-2013, 08:39 PM
I do not believe they are on sale yet, and if they are then dealers just got them.

dig419
01-17-2013, 07:52 PM
correction / timemaster 30" has any one bought one? overall results. turfmaster is the commercial unit. they have been out for a year now.

stang2244
01-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Last summer I bought 3 of them. They're great when used in place of the 21" mowers. I would say the cut is pretty comparable to a 21". Had an issue with the plastic front axle carrier on one of them. Got a replacement part and carry an extra one for spare. They definitely take some wear and tear which is why I'm so glad they are releasing the commercial version in the next couple weeks. I was at a local lawn expo today on got to check one out first hand. Very solid and looks to be worth every penny of the $1800 price tag.

Executive Lawn Care
01-17-2013, 08:40 PM
I have a timemaster 30. It is a decent mower, however it does struggle with long wet grass. I wore out a belt in the first season of usage, which was replaced by dealer. The bagger works well at most times, have had some issues in certain condition. It is a homeowner mower, not quite at commercial level in my opinion.

dig419
01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
STANG 2244, thanks for the reply, i'm on the fence because of the price. i will be attending two trade shows in february and hope their are price breaks. NOTE : with the wide price difference -- will / would you move too the commercial or buy the timemaster again?

yardguy28
01-17-2013, 09:19 PM
has any one bought the toro turfmaster 30" walk-behind. over all results ?

personally my dealer tells me to stay away from them. says they are for home owners. they will NOT stand up to commercial use.

the reason I personally am staying away is because of gates sizes I deal with. I have yards with 24" gate openings so my 21 incher is the only option for them. the rest of the gates yards I have will either take the 36" or 52" I have.

stang2244
01-17-2013, 09:25 PM
I am planning to get commercial units for the coming season. The time master definitely shows itself as being a residential unit. They did however serve their purpose this season. To stretch more than a season out of one would probably require replacing some parts(all tires, height adjustment brackets, adjusting or replacement of transmission). I'm sold on this general design of the 30" so far and am only upgrading to the commercial 30" for durability and a larger gas tank.