PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat T190 Vs Case 420CT Series 3

Daner
01-18-2013, 08:24 PM
I have some interest in these 2 track skid steers.
I was hopeing the get the bobcat, but I see a Case 420ct for sale near by me (used)

I have not tryed any of the 2 machines just yet.

Have you got any experince on
either one?
I like the pilot cotrols in the bobcat but i'm not sure if the case has them as well

Thanks for any input

ksss
01-18-2013, 09:30 PM
The CASE has pilot controls. The BC will have EH if its a joystick controlled machine. The 420-S3 is a good machine. The CASE is radial lift and BC is vertical. I have not checked the specs but I think the 190 will have a higher lift capacity. The S-3 cab is nice. Run them both and see what you think. The CASE I think you will find to be more powerful in hyd performance and engine performance.

Daner
01-19-2013, 10:11 AM
The CASE has pilot controls. The BC will have EH if its a joystick controlled machine. The 420-S3 is a good machine. The CASE is radial lift and BC is vertical. I have not checked the specs but I think the 190 will have a higher lift capacity. The S-3 cab is nice. Run them both and see what you think. The CASE I think you will find to be more powerful in hyd performance and engine performance.

Good to know...The BC has a higher tipping load and the case has a higher operating load rating.
I'm going to try them both out like you say, the main thing is they bothe have EH and that is important, the foot operated machines can be very hard on the knees after being in one for the day.
Thanks for your reply:waving:

ksss
01-19-2013, 01:01 PM
The CASE is not EH it is hyd. pilot controlled meaning there is no electronic connection in control system. The BC is EH (electric over hydraulic) meaning you move the joystick and that movement is converted to an electrical impulse which moves the machine (overly simplistic but you get the idea). Both systems have their advantages and disadvantages.

swanny
01-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Be careful with Bobcat's tipping load spec (around 7k #'s) for the T190....I don't think that is accurate.

Also, sometimes the ROC is listed @ 50% or 30% of tipping load...so take that into consideration.

I've only owned the T190, not the 420....so I can't speak as to how they compare with picking up a load, but I think a conservative tip for the T190 is around 5k #'s.

Daner
01-25-2013, 09:00 PM
I think the T 190 is now out of the picture.....I tried one out today and I was
not too impressed with it.
That ct 420 Case Is not for sale now...But there is a series 3 CT440 for sale near by with 1200 hrs on it
for just a bit mre than the BC ticket price.
The tracks look worn, but they are most likely the originals
IT looks like the ct440 will lift a good load.
one other thing I was thinking about was the cat under carage cost to replace....I bet its because they have a top of the line under carrage....I hear they run great, so I may try to demo a cat ctl as well.

alldayrj
01-25-2013, 09:04 PM
I own a gehl 5640 skid and rented a t190. I kept stalling it thinking that the power i was used to would be there. Also less break out force digging stumps. Beautiful for grading but i think when i trade up to a track machine it will be a little bigger than a t190
Posted via Mobile Device

ksss
01-25-2013, 09:19 PM
The 440 is an outstanding machine. The CAT undercarriage is not top of the line, neither the CTL or MTL. Although it causes some issues in reliability, I like the ride of the torsion system on their CTLs. The MTL's are expensive because there is a lot of moving parts and its delicate. There are some applications that the MTL does better than anything else. Snow being one of them. Far better than any other tracked machine. Demo a Cat, they do somethings well, but like all machines they have their issues as well.

Daner
01-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Case TR270 has now got my full attention
The specs say it a Radial lift, I thought they were vertical lifts.
Anyway compared to my LS150, iTS EXACTLY twice the lift and tip.
with pilot controls:clapping:
I just need to know now what the cost will be for a new one.
How would this machine compoare to my ls150 or say t190?
Case hase some great 0% deals out now, with a warenty, it my pay to get a new machine:weightlifter:
What do you think??

ksss
01-29-2013, 08:52 PM
I ran the TR270 at the CASE proving grounds in AZ before they released the machine. I was impressed enough with that machine that I came home and promptly ordered a TR320. My thought was if the smaller machine could run that strong than more is better. I wasnt disappointed. The cab (assuming you get an enclosed cab) is excellent. I like the EH controls. Its a nice machine and yes CASE is running zero for 60 months right now.

Daner
01-29-2013, 09:23 PM
I ran the TR270 at the CASE proving grounds in AZ before they released the machine. I was impressed enough with that machine that I came home and promptly ordered a TR320. My thought was if the smaller machine could run that strong than more is better. I wasnt disappointed. The cab (assuming you get an enclosed cab) is excellent. I like the EH controls. Its a nice machine and yes CASE is running zero for 60 months right now.

Do you know if the 2013 models are out yet, or would only the 2012 machines be at the dealers?

ksss
01-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Any machine built after about October will be a 13. If you can find one you might be better off getting an 11 or early 12 as mine is. You will not have the latest EPA bs on the machine.

Daner
01-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Any machine built after about October will be a 13. If you can find one you might be better off getting an 11 or early 12 as mine is. You will not have the latest EPA bs on the machine.

I'm doing a demo tomorrow, how can I tell what year it is besides asking the salesperson? the restrictions on the machine may be different here in Canada,with the EPA.

I hope the cab on the case is not as loud as that T190 I tried last week.

AEL
01-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Restrictions here are pretty much the same as in the states , just a little bit behind. But the machines that are made for the states are the same as the ones here. Are you demoing the machine from Ed Stewart's?
Posted via Mobile Device

Daner
01-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Restrictions here are pretty much the same as in the states , just a little bit behind. But the machines that are made for the states are the same as the ones here. Are you demoing the machine from Ed Stewart's?
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for that info, yes Ed Stewarts why do you want one as well?:weightlifter:

Daner
01-29-2013, 10:08 PM
Do you realy need hi flow to run a mulcher on the 270....It has a impresive flow rate and I hear that there are mulchers that run on a reg flow.
Not that I use one now, but may later on down the road.

ksss
01-29-2013, 10:50 PM
If you stand a the back of the machine and look at the inside of the left upright you will see a plate containing the PIN and the year it was built.

While I hear there are some low flow mulchers out there, 98% of the mulchers out there are high flow. Your not going get much done with a low flow mulcher. If your serious about mulching you would be better off with a 320.

AEL
01-29-2013, 11:56 PM
No , I live just up the road from them , am in there all the time for all my kubota filters etc, know all the parts guys , and one of the service managers lives across the road from our shop. Very great group of guys in the parts/service there , and if you decide to go with a new holland machine ( since they are the same machine just a few minor cosmetic differences) go see Harvey on the newholland side. He is a great knowledgeable salesman.
Posted via Mobile Device

Daner
01-30-2013, 04:12 PM
No , I live just up the road from them , am in there all the time for all my kubota filters etc, know all the parts guys , and one of the service managers lives across the road from our shop. Very great group of guys in the parts/service there , and if you decide to go with a new holland machine ( since they are the same machine just a few minor cosmetic differences) go see Harvey on the newholland side. He is a great knowledgeable salesman.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats who I'm dealing with, nice guy, I too have been there customer for alot of farm gear pluse my little ls150 came from there as well.

Anyway I did that demo today on the TR270 and all I can say is that is the machine for me, I love it:clapping:
The only thing that I did not like was I had a hard time seeing the cutting edge of the bucket, and yes it was the extended low profile bucket on there
and i'm 5'-10. Harvey said we could put a Kubota bucket on there, they stick out a bit more. I have some farm gear to trade, so I will see what they come back at.
I also checked out the Kubota track machines, but they have no hyflow:hammerhead::walking: looked at Deeres---------> then back home.
I need to find out if and how rear stabilizers rig up to the TR270
IMO Its a very well made machine with great cab comfort

Daner
01-30-2013, 04:32 PM
If you stand a the back of the machine and look at the inside of the left upright you will see a plate containing the PIN and the year it was built.

While I hear there are some low flow mulchers out there, 98% of the mulchers out there are high flow. Your not going get much done with a low flow mulcher. If your serious about mulching you would be better off with a 320.

Shane, The 320 is just to big of a machine for what I do.
Its just a thought that I may do some mulching, plus it makes sence to me to get the hi flow, because we never know what we may have on the front of the machine a year or 2 down the road.
Here's a question...how do you put the bucket on float with the E/H
By the way I love the feel of the case controls....I'm glad I went for the demo:clapping:

ksss
02-02-2013, 01:56 AM
I dont use the float function. Never have on any machine. I am with you on the highflow. You never know when you might want it. The Alpha series has the ability to have high flow field installed. While it would be cheaper to have a machine installed at the factory, but you could install it later if you needed it. That is new for this series. It has been since the 1800 series that you could add high flow after the fact.

Digdeep
02-02-2013, 11:22 AM
High flow will also help the resale when you sell your machine down the road.
Posted via Mobile Device

ksss
02-02-2013, 12:30 PM
I just saw your question reference the Float function. Sorry I missed that when I responded earlier. There is a button on the control handle that activates the float function. Odd you cant see the cutting edge. You might try airing up the seat and which will give you a higher seating position in the cab.

Daner
02-03-2013, 10:22 PM
There were so many questions and buttons to try on that new TR270 that I for got about the float:weightlifter:
No problem, I see were it is now on the stick.

One thing that I,m wondering is, if there is a rear stabilizer kit for the 270
I do need one on the machine.
I know I could make my own but the back end of the TR looks like a bit of a problem to mount one.
There must be a way...any tips on this will help.
Good to know that the hi flow can be added later too.

Daner
02-03-2013, 10:28 PM
High flow will also help the resale when you sell your machine down the road.
Posted via Mobile Device
Good point...Thank You

I do hear now that most buy without the hi flow
and I may not realy need it, unless theres something that i,m missing
this machine will be used mostly for reg landscaping, the mulching was just something I was thinking about.
as long as it can run a snow blower good:waving:

ksss
02-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Although I cant say for certain, I would guess the rear stabilizers would mount on the same mounting system as the counter weights. There are plastic plugs on the side of the machine that cover the holes for the counter weights. The dealer would likely have the best answer to that. I am sure it is possible to mount one.

23 gpm will run a snow blower just fine. Bridgestone also makes a set of tracks for CTLs that are made to run in snow and ice.

Daner
02-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Although I cant say for certain, I would guess the rear stabilizers would mount on the same mounting system as the counter weights. There are plastic plugs on the side of the machine that cover the holes for the counter weights. The dealer would likely have the best answer to that. I am sure it is possible to mount one.

23 gpm will run a snow blower just fine. Bridgestone also makes a set of tracks for CTLs that are made to run in snow and ice.

I have a question about the 10 pin elc. outlet.

From what I see in the cab of the tr270 they have 3 switchs on the left stick,
and 1 on the right.
I assume that the right switch is to control the main flow in and out of the remote hyd. And the other 3 on the left will work 3 hyd cylinders up and down.
Are there any more switchs in the cab to run 1 or 2 more funtions?

I want to run a 4 blade tree spade with this machine, and I'm not clear yet on the 10 pin.

I'm going back to the dealers today to have a good look at this