PDA

View Full Version : This ain"t no truck forum !!!!

BigFish
01-19-2013, 02:01 PM
My ram clanks....my silverslipper clicks...... my ford runs great !!!!
What does any of that have to do with small engines ???????
Y'all need to take that stuff to the various truck forums!!!!

LindblomRJ
01-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Trucks need fixing too. They are important to those who mow and landscape. Don't see why they should be exempt.

teckjohn
01-19-2013, 02:08 PM
i agree with ya

Trucks need fixing too. They are important to those who mow and landscape. Don't see why they should be exempt.

Landrus2
01-19-2013, 02:12 PM
I love my powerstroke. Ford's :weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

BigFish
01-19-2013, 02:15 PM

So take it to a TRUCK forum. Like this one:http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Richard Martin
01-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Just don't read those messages.

piston slapper
01-19-2013, 02:25 PM
My ram clanks....my silverslipper clicks...... my ford runs great !!!!
What does any of that have to do with small engines ???????
Y'all need to take that stuff to the various truck forums!!!!

I'm with you Fish...this forum gets a lot of threads posted here...that should be elsewhere..:waving:

LindblomRJ
01-19-2013, 02:33 PM
So take it to a TRUCK forum. Like this one:http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Maybe you should take it up with moderators or leave. There is nothing specific limiting this section to small engines or small equipment.

You don't like something don't click on it... It isn't that difficult.

Michael J. Donovan
01-19-2013, 02:38 PM
it's a mechanic and repair forum...so, anything dealing with that can be posted on here - meaning trucks, trailers, equipment, etc. that is need of repair or a mechanical question can/should be posted and discussed in here

thanks all

LandFakers
01-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Doesn't say anywhere that this forum pertains only to small engines... Stuff needs fixin and thats why we post here to try and get a second opinion and such.

Darryl G
01-19-2013, 04:09 PM
My muffler muffles, my carburator carburates...so what do my pistons do?

BigFish
01-19-2013, 04:40 PM
it's a mechanic and repair forum...so, anything dealing with that can be posted on here - meaning trucks, trailers, equipment, etc. that is need of repair or a mechanical question can/should be posted and discussed in here

thanks all

Actually, until the make-over ( which I like, by the way) this forum, and each thread, did in fact, have a header saying it was pertaining to small engine, mowers etc., did it not????

BigFish
01-19-2013, 04:41 PM
My muffler muffles, my carburator carburates...so what do my pistons do?
You got pistons????????

piston slapper
01-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Fish...I'm inclined to agree with you...
If you go to the home page in the forum listings...it states. Trimmers..blowers...landscape eqpt..
The mechanic forum is listed just above the truck and trailer forum....
That being said..change is constant...if he wants to group them all together..that's how it will be..

Landrus2
01-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Doesn't say anywhere that this forum pertains only to small engines... Stuff needs fixin and thats why we post here to try and get a second opinion and such.

You dam right I love the smell of diesel. These engines don't need mechanical governors. Toys for the big boys*trucewhiteflag*

LindblomRJ
01-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Being the "mechanics" are pitching such a hissy here, this is why I don't seek their "wisdom."

piston slapper
01-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Being the "mechanics" are pitching such a hissy here, this is why I don't seek their "wisdom."

How much wisdom does it take to post a Truck problem....in a Trucks and Trailer forum..???
Maybe I'm just expecting too much....??? basic common sense ...

Michael J. Donovan
01-19-2013, 05:35 PM
ok guys, some can obviously cross over...posting a truck or trailer problem or asking for help with the "mechanics or repair" of any equipment (inlcuding a truck or trailer) can fall into the discussion within this forum as well

so, we can agree do disagree I would guess

thanks

Darryl G
01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
The truck and trailer forum description is: "Discuss lawn care and landscaping trucks and accessories, as well as both open trailers and enclosed trailers, and their accessories." Does it really matter that much?

LindblomRJ
01-19-2013, 05:43 PM
How much wisdom does it take to post a Truck problem....in a Trucks and Trailer forum..???
Maybe I'm just expecting too much....??? basic common sense ...

Common sense and the ablity to read would say trucks break down. When something breaks down where do you go? To a mechanic. :rolleyes:

You need to have some commen sense before you pontificate and admonish others about it. You would have a valid point if it said "small engine repairs." It doesn't.

Besides, a moderator has weighed in on the matter.

Michael J. Donovan
01-19-2013, 05:47 PM
I think we can close this one out and move on

thanks guys:waving: