PDA

View Full Version : Affordable steam cleaner

ted putnam
01-19-2013, 03:12 PM
This is more of a maintenance issue than mechanical.

I have 2 Z-sprays that get used heavily. They get really dirty and I try to clean them regularly. I'm looking for something that will help make that job a little easier and more thorough without breaking the bank.

Can anyone recommend a steam cleaner that can help me without costing me a couple of grand?? Something that could handle light "shop" duty.

Thanks for any info.

ricky86
01-20-2013, 01:58 AM
I looked for awhile. Wound up with a rather nice unit from Northern. It's used everyday in a busy retail shop.
I too was looking for a bargain. I feel I found one, because name brands with similar components were $1000.00 - $1500.00 more. We paid approx $2000.00 4 yrs ago. -0- problems. I know its not the response you want, but a hot water pressure washer is a lot of machine to find very cheap.

Landrus2
01-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Have you tried hot water in your power washer;)

ted putnam
01-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the responses so far. The reason for the steam cleaner question is because of the low volume of water to get the same degree of clean. I want to be able to take the motor cover off and clean hidden areas without flooding the machine with water, so while the hot water suggestion is a good one for getting things clean, it will still flood sensitive areas with water. I have been searching online and have found a couple of quality units in the $700-1000 range and will continue to look.

agrostis
01-20-2013, 05:50 PM
This is more than you want, but it's one of the best there is.

http://www.hotsy.com/?source=google&camp=brand_tqe&gclid=COq5qpOC-LQCFUid4AodWmMAwg

ted putnam
01-20-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm leaning toward the VX5000.

www.steam-cleaners-direct.com

I found a review on autogeeks.com interesting