PDA

View Full Version : What bank do you use for your business?

soloscaperman
01-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Just curious what bank you people are using for your business. I have People Business checking account for 2 years and they are great but I notice they are picky when it comes to loans.

alldayrj
01-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Chase for checking and savings and an amex credit card
Posted via Mobile Device

kandalawncaremgr
01-20-2013, 10:03 AM
I use the local community credit union. Great loan rates, great interest on my money.

soloscaperman
01-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Yes even the lady at People's bank told me to go to a credit union bank for a loan lol. I tried to get a personal loan for a street bike and was denied with a credit score of 556 because I owed Planet fitness $900 (long story they basically charged me for so many years even though I used them for a few weeks my card got stolen so I got a new one and they keep charging me) and my hospital for my broken hand was $508 last July.

What is stupid is I have creditinform that tells you your credit score every month and they claim mine is a 615!!!!

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
01-20-2013, 10:47 AM
For checking I use a regional bank and other banking is done at a local credit union.

Jimslawncareservice
01-20-2013, 10:59 AM
I have profinium for business and personal. And have an account set up for sales tax. We just got a new bremer bank and may check them out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice
01-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Yes even the lady at People's bank told me to go to a credit union bank for a loan lol. I tried to get a personal loan for a street bike and was denied with a credit score of 556 because I owed Planet fitness $900 (long story they basically charged me for so many years even though I used them for a few weeks my card got stolen so I got a new one and they keep charging me) and my hospital for my broken hand was $508 last July.

What is stupid is I have creditinform that tells you your credit score every month and they claim mine is a 615!!!!

You do realize there are 3 different places that give credit ratings? Not everyone uses them all. Some do. Some use 1 or 2 of the 3.

I was turned down with a 696 score. Why? I have no idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kelly's Landscaping
01-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Peoples solicited me for a loan from them. So I finally decide it would be a good idea and the banking industry collapsed the very month I went in with my application. Loved the way they turned us down we are sorry but we can not offer you a loan at this time because your gross sales are under $200,000. Now considering I had to provide tax returns and our last year at that time was $199,600 I found that denial to be a Little offensive. We went back years later with over 200k in sales and still got denied. I use them because they have supermarket locations that are open till 7 pm and they are open on weekends. But that is getting old 5 or 6 times this past year I went in their hours to find they took the day off for one make believe holiday after another. I will be researching remote deposit this winter and will likely make a switch. I like the idea of scanning the checks at the office and getting out of deposit slips and making time to get to the bank and stand in line.

soloscaperman
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Peoples solicited me for a loan from them. So I finally decide it would be a good idea and the banking industry collapsed the very month I went in with my application. Loved the way they turned us down we are sorry but we can not offer you a loan at this time because your gross sales are under $200,000. Now considering I had to provide tax returns and our last year at that time was $199,600 I found that denial to be a Little offensive. We went back years later with over 200k in sales and still got denied. I use them because they have supermarket locations that are open till 7 pm and they are open on weekends. But that is getting old 5 or 6 times this past year I went in their hours to find they took the day off for one make believe holiday after another. I will be researching remote deposit this winter and will likely make a switch. I like the idea of scanning the checks at the office and getting out of deposit slips and making time to get to the bank and stand in line.

http://www.naugatucksavingsbank.com/ This might be your perfect bank. They are growing fast and I hear they hand out business loans like candy. I will be switching to them in March. They let you scan your checks at home or something which I like because I don't feel like driving to the bank even though it's not too far.

clydebusa
01-20-2013, 11:34 AM
I have 4 different banks. To make a long story short if I do work for that bank I start an account with them. This has worked out really well. Since all of them are online it easy to access the funds.

gallihergreen
01-20-2013, 11:47 AM
BB&T.
Posted via Mobile Device

Big C
01-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Capital One......what's in your wallet?????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

KrayzKajun
01-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Regions Bank of Louisiana and Capital One. I use USAA for equipment and vehicle loans.
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze
01-20-2013, 07:19 PM
citizens bank. a local bank. i just use my personal account for my business.

come to think of it i've never gotten a loan from the same bank i had an account at in my whole life. i mean some make you open an account there before they will give you a loan so i have done that but it was never my main account. as soon as i paid the loan off i closed the account. i have my truck loan through toyota finance and my mower loan through john deere. it's just easier that way to me to take care of it all in one place during the time of a purchase. it used to be necessary to use a personal bank in order to get a 6 year loan on a car instead of the normal 5 year so you could have lower payments but nowdays they give you whatever you want. you can get a 5, 6, or 7 year loan if you want lol. also i get the same interest rate either way so no difference. i have great credit though so maybe that's part of it too. my score is 765 last time it was checked. i'm 500 dollars away from paying the mower off so it will go up higher soon as that happens. pay your bills on time every time which i've done my whole life. it also helps if you've sold a house and paid the mortgage off when you sold it which i've done. house and cars is what affects your score the most or a large business loan payoff. paying off little 3000 dollar loans doesn't affect it that much.

i've never owned a credit card in my life. it's not necessary to have one and really it's just dumb to use one unless you are gonna pay it totally off each month. charge something and pay it off the same month otherwise it will build up on you with interest. it's just stupid. you can get loans interest free or at a very low rate so there's no need to ever use a credit card in my opinion.

weeze
01-20-2013, 07:37 PM
forgot to say when your really young like 16-25 years old it's gonna be hard to get a loan from anyone unless you have a high paying job which most people don't at that age. most times you need your parents to cosign with you so you can get a loan to start things off. after you pay it off then you have enough credit established on your own and you can get a loan yourself the next time.

orangemower
01-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Why do you have the need to know what bank I use? What does it have to do with cutting grass?

jsslawncare
01-21-2013, 09:53 AM
Mason jar buried in the back yard.