PDA

View Full Version : great dane surfer

GLC
01-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Anyone out there still operating a first generation great dane surfer? The ones with the fixed deck. How much are the worth now? I see one for sale on craigslist for $1300 without an engine...hydros good, deck good...what do you guys think?

LindblomRJ
01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Offer him $800. It isn't worth 1300 IMO. It is missing an engine which is kind of important.
Posted via Mobile Device

Valk
01-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Obviously hard to tell if the hydros are good with no engine.

123hotdog
01-31-2013, 09:35 PM
I have run a Great Dane Super Surfer 61" cut for years. Mine was a barn find with a bad spindle and a shot motor. Paid $500 for it but had to drive six hours round trip to get it. I put a used motor on it years ago. Still kickin. Last year I took the deck off, had it sandblasted and welded all the cracks. I have to Kubotas. One 60" ztr and one 60" front deck mower. The Surfer is just so so good on hills I can never get rid of it. The only thing I'd ever replace it with is a Wright Stander X:weightlifter:

Valk
02-01-2013, 05:14 PM
GD Super Surfers use a tunnel deck, right? Similar to BOPs if I'm not mistaken...

skimow
03-03-2013, 05:53 PM
I am always looking for these old mowers 61" only. these were the greatest stand on riders ever made! I have 3 right now that I am rebuilding the pumps and wheel motors on. I will run these until they completely fall apart. after that i hope to have the money and time to build new ones on my own

123hotdog
03-03-2013, 08:44 PM
I am always looking for these old mowers 61" only. these were the greatest stand on riders ever made! I have 3 right now that I am rebuilding the pumps and wheel motors on. I will run these until they completely fall apart. after that i hope to have the money and time to build new ones on my own

The one I have is a fixed deck mower. I still can get all parts for it and it likes like a new one every year. I will not part with this thing till I retire and the sad thing is I probably only need it on about five of my lawns a week.:dancing: