PDA

View Full Version : 2013 John Deere Stand-ons

andy'slawncare
01-21-2013, 06:31 PM
2013 John Deere/ Wright Stand on mowers

John Deere had a model on display here in Minnesota at the Green Expo earlier this month. I like the layout of the machine and think it would fit nicely in our operation. Seeing if anyone has priced one out at a dealer? Any pro's or con's you could see with this mower?

maelawncare
01-22-2013, 11:48 AM
2013 John Deere/ Wright Stand on mowers

John Deere had a model on display here in Minnesota at the Green Expo earlier this month. I like the layout of the machine and think it would fit nicely in our operation. Seeing if anyone has priced one out at a dealer? Any pro's or con's you could see with this mower?

I am adding one this year. Love the 60" version.

andy'slawncare
01-22-2013, 12:01 PM
mae- Pm me on pricing you have recieved from your dealer.

ClassicLawnCareInc
01-22-2013, 01:12 PM
These are the ones that are made by Wright but painted green for JD. I'm looking for some prices as well.

maelawncare
01-22-2013, 02:44 PM
These are the ones that are made by Wright but painted green for JD. I'm looking for some prices as well.

I believe they have a john deere deck though dont they? If not, then id rather have the wright, the color would match my hustlers.

Jimslawncareservice
01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
What I've heard they will be around 7500. It's the wright stander x in green. Aero core deck and all. I saw the one Andy was looking at as I looked at it too. The deere for me makes more sense because dealers are all over. Wrights only have a couple dealers in mn. I'm looking at getting 2. 1 with a mulch kit and the other with bagger/side discharge. Also looking at vantages and a cheetah. Not sure which way I'll go.
Posted via Mobile Device

andy'slawncare
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
My local dealer wants $8,000 for the 652R. They don't even have them in stock yet. I have always had ztr with baggers. Can these standons handle a bigger bagger on top of the deck area?

Jimslawncareservice
01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
My local dealer wants $8,000 for the 652R. They don't even have them in stock yet. I have always had ztr with baggers. Can these standons handle a bigger bagger on top of the deck area?

Are talking about accelerator bagger or a travel vac garbage can bagger? All the previous standers were fine. I don't know why not with this one. I'd if had the 7 iron you could modify a bagger to the bagger from the z
Posted via Mobile Device

maelawncare
01-22-2013, 11:02 PM
I wish it was still the 7iron. Im enteraining toro grandstand now because of this.

My dealer said just under $9k for the 60" deere. Wright said $9600 for the same machine in yellow.

ClassicLawnCareInc
01-31-2013, 06:48 PM
I still waiting for my dealer to give me a price. They are gonna have one in early March. Im looking at the 661R. It has a fuel injected engine. The Wright mower options don't have a fuel injected option.

fbm
07-13-2014, 01:16 PM
I have been looking at the 652 series as well. We demoed a used 652 and found it much nicer that our Toro Grandstand. It holds the hills better and seems to have more speed. The hydros turn better also. My question is what the difference between the 652R and the 652B? I know the B has 1 hp less but is there anything else? Dealer says new they run $8400

southerntide
07-13-2014, 01:21 PM
QuikTrak™ 600 B Series
http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/products/equipment/quiktrak_mowers/quiktrak_600b_series/quiktrak_600b_series.page?

QuikTrak™ 600 R Series
http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/products/equipment/quiktrak_mowers/quiktrak_600r_series/quiktrak_600r_series.page?

mag360
07-13-2014, 06:42 PM
B is a fixed deck - not a good choice if you need to change mowing height frequently or lift the deck on the fly while mowing.
Posted via Mobile Device

ClassicLawnCareInc
07-14-2014, 07:59 AM
We bought 2 new 661r EFI this year, they are great and we love them.

Jimslawncareservice
07-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Anyone know what the MOD on the standers are? I know the regular decks are similar to wrights
Posted via Mobile Device

mag360
07-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Picture of the stander mod deck on deeres site looks like an aerocore deck shell

Jimslawncareservice
07-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Picture of the stander mod deck on deeres site looks like an aerocore deck shell

Wasnt sure if that was an actual MOD or just a mock photo.
Posted via Mobile Device

bigpak
07-15-2014, 06:58 AM
Love my new 652R, was trying to get the B but dealer could not locate one. Only using for personal use, but mowed commercially for years. So far best mower I have owned. In the end I am extremely happy I ended up with the R, a lot more versatile. Only wish now I would have gotten the MOD deck.

Brules
07-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Theres lots of threads here on LS about how bad the MOD deck is lol.....one guy just swapped the MOD for the 7 Iron it was so bad. Where I live none of the dealers carry the MOD. Only 7 Irons (land of bermuda grass).

Dirtscooter5
08-25-2014, 07:46 PM
I demoed a 661r stand on this weekend. I have run a small lawn care business on the side since I was in high school and have a deere m653 with a 54 inch deck but it rolled over to 2k hours thought maybe I should start looking. I was worried the 61 would feel huge and scalp but it mowed great and didn't scalp where I thought sure it would. I demoed a scag 52 inch stand on the dealer didn't help himself on because it had 990 hours on it. It scalped worse then the big deck because the scag has no corner deck wheels. over all the deere just seemed tougher and it stuck hills well and never would wheelie even going up hill I would run on my ztr till the front came up then back back down. only complaint is needs a bigger gas tank. deere needs to bring that over from the zk. my model burned about a gallon an hour, and with only a 5 gallon tank you cant even you all day.