PDA

View Full Version : Who has An Administrative Assistant

zimmatic
01-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Who has a administrative assitant? I am looking to hire one and wanted a few thoughts on advantages and pitfalls. Looking to get feedback from those who have one.

DanaMac
01-22-2013, 09:29 AM
I've been "considering" it for at least 6 years now :) Never pulled the trigger.

jsslawncare
01-22-2013, 10:34 AM
My wife is mine. She has "other" duties also.

snomaha
01-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Who has a administrative assitant? I am looking to hire one and wanted a few thoughts on advantages and pitfalls. Looking to get feedback from those who have one.

My experience has been great. I looked for someone who was very detailed - basically the exact opposite of me. Great to have someone who can take the mundane or tedious duties off my plate and let me work on my business. Pay her $13 per hour.

zimmatic
01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
I wanted to make a distinction between a bookkeeper and an admin assistant. My bookkeeper now is also my admin assistant and it is too much for her so I am separating the duties.

Snomaha, What things do you NOT delegate to your assistant? Do they also interact with your teams? How many hours a day do you have them work, any after hour duties---business related! nothing crude!

snomaha
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
I wanted to make a distinction between a bookkeeper and an admin assistant. My bookkeeper now is also my admin assistant and it is too much for her so I am separating the duties.

Snomaha, What things do you NOT delegate to your assistant? Do they also interact with your teams? How many hours a day do you have them work, any after hour duties---business related! nothing crude!

I don't delegate any of the customer relationships - she will also support our operations manager occasionally. She works a normal 40 hr workweek but is available for more or less hours depending on what time of year it is.