PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Show

Wiedmann
01-22-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm doing a home and garden show in early Feb. First show I've ever been to or been set up at. Supposedly, the numbers the promoter provides me says around 40,000 people over the 4 days. We all know these numbers could be in their favor but my question to anyone who has done a large show like is.

How many business cards did you use?

Did you have a chair in your booth? I was thinking of getting a couple director chairs made with my logo on them.

I'm thinking of doing a basis paver patio and a small wall with some plants. Nothing over the top like many of the other landscapers that will be there but something everyone can relate to and think they can afford to do.

Smallaxe
01-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Sounds like fun... How many of those 40,000 are likely to be near Prole, IA???

Wiedmann
01-23-2013, 01:48 PM
that is where my address is at but I do my business in the des moines market, (20 miles from Prole, Ia) where this home show is taking place at. Wouldn't I say that everyone at this show is in my service area... but I would be willing to travel some for a larger landscaping project.

Smallaxe
01-24-2013, 09:43 AM
You may want a fresh supply of business cards then... :)

Wiedmann
01-24-2013, 12:34 PM
It will be nice to get the first year done and then I'll know what to expect for next year. A lot of things to learn when it comes to doing these shows it seems. Hopefully I'll have good results from the show and can carry me through the year for landscaping projects.