Dirtman2007
01-22-2013, 07:24 PM
found this thought it was interesting

Landrus2
01-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Dam to expensive :hammerhead:

alldayrj
01-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Is tak building them or is it rebadged? Now i can't call them trackeuchis anymore
Posted via Mobile Device

turboawd
01-22-2013, 08:21 PM
wasnt terex or someone else building these?

bobcat_ron
01-22-2013, 09:45 PM
It's an ASV rebadged Terex repainted Takeuchi. It looks better now.
Posted via Mobile Device

turboawd
01-23-2013, 05:36 PM
so its basically a ASV. i'm not feeling it.
i dont like the looks of it, especially from the side.

http://i.imgur.com/QCBACNv.png

more info here:

http://www.takeuchi-us.com/www/docs/154

Digdeep
01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
so its basically a ASV. i'm not feeling it.
i dont like the looks of it, especially from the side.

http://i.imgur.com/QCBACNv.png

more info here:

http://www.takeuchi-us.com/www/docs/154

That picture looks photo shopped.

turboawd
01-24-2013, 12:13 AM
That picture looks photo shopped.

its from takeuchi's website at the link i provided.

Digdeep
01-24-2013, 10:01 AM
its from takeuchi's website at the link i provided.

This is the picture of that same machine I had seen previously- you can see photoshop sometimes when sharp edges on objects look almost 3D

turboawd
01-24-2013, 11:38 PM
This is the picture of that same machine I had seen previously- you can see photoshop sometimes when sharp edges on objects look almost 3D

wow. lol
will probably look ugly in real life too...

Digdeep
01-25-2013, 10:43 AM
wow. lol
will probably look ugly in real life too...

Yeah, especially the front. Some engineer has never had to get in and out of a machine multiple times a day. The step in is terrible.

Marek
01-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Saw several of these sitting at Folcomer Equipment off of 695 yesterday

swanny
04-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Folcomer in Frederick also has them (2@$39,500 fully loaded)...stopped by last week to pick up some other stuff and played around in the TS70R for a couple of minutes.

Liked the size of the boom arm to quick connect pin area, but didn't like the exposed tilt cylinder hoses out front.

Liked the easy access in the engine compartment...fan tilts out. Didn't like the thin grill on the back gate with the cooler right behind it.

Picked up a wet load of dirt with ease (72" bucket), but was a bit tipsy with it on a slight downhill grade. Wheelbase width is right at 72"...didn't think it had to be that wide.

Has beefy plate steel in the back towers (1/4" thick I think). Liked the rear bumper and the protection it offers. Tie downs in the front were on the middle boom arm area over top the tires.

Absolutely hated the step up....can't believe engineers designed it like that. If I had that machine I'd cut out the step and make a new door for it.

Drive motor pumps seemed like they were working harder than usual in turning the machine on asphalt with no load in the bucket. 2 speed was fast.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/barndwellers_md/011-1_zpsbf612840.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/barndwellers_md/006_zps19ceb530.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/barndwellers_md/009_zps758a1c89.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/barndwellers_md/005_zps8e5523da.jpg

turboawd
04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
so is the only thing takeuchi about these, the paint?
i dont see why anyone would buy one of these terex skidloaders.

Digdeep
04-23-2013, 09:18 PM
so is the only thing takeuchi about these, the paint?
i dont see why anyone would buy one of these terex skidloaders.

Yes.

I wouldn't buy one, but the same people that bought Thomas, the old Volvos (scat trak), skat track, patriots, and the old JCBs would buy these.

I have operated them and the 60hp radial machine is not too bad (a little butt heavy with a counterweight), but the 50 and 60hp vertical versions cycle times were painfully slow. I thought the 80hp large machine was poorly designed. Anybody that has ever gotten into and out of a machine was not involved in the design of the large machines. I think Takeuchi will find it just as hard to sell thes Terex skids as Terex has.

ksss
04-29-2013, 02:14 PM
The design is just bizarre. I looked them over at ConExpo. Surprising: One that this is the best that Terex could do? Two that Tak thought that branding this was a good idea.

SunriseGardens
05-04-2013, 08:09 PM
I saw that they had a Perkins motor - wtf?, and then dug deeper. At first I was excited that Tak built a bullet proof wheeled machine but it is all BS. I am leaning towards looking into the larger Gehls. Same controls, lots of power......

Digdeep
05-05-2013, 08:48 AM
The design is just bizarre. I looked them over at ConExpo. Surprising: One that this is the best that Terex could do? Two that Tak thought that branding this was a good idea.

I think that Takeuchi will find it to be difficult to really sell these. There are just too many little things wrong with the Terex machines and maybe Takeuchi thought that Terex had better brand reputation than they actually do.

Our walleye season opened up this weekend and I fished over south of GB with a buddy I used to sell Bobcat with. He found out that the large Terex skids have an upper and a lower fuel tank but the sender is in the lower tank so you think you have a full tank even if the upper tank is almost empty. I'd like to ask the engineer what he was thinking when he came up with that idea. :hammerhead

bobcat_ron
05-05-2013, 09:16 AM
It makes me wonder why Takeuchi didn't just take their track loaders and put wheels on them, they already have a rock solid platform.
Posted via Mobile Device

stuvecorp
05-05-2013, 11:33 AM
It makes me wonder why Takeuchi didn't just take their track loaders and put wheels on them, they already have a rock solid platform.
Posted via Mobile Device

Because I would have put a VTS on it... :dizzy:

bobcat_ron
05-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Because I would have put a VTS on it... :dizzy:

You VTS people make me laugh. Always bragging about the advantages of a dual purpose maxhine, but then you start crying about needing a wider trailer and buckets because of the wider width!!!
COME TO THE CTL SIDE AND JOIN US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
Posted via Mobile Device

Digdeep
05-05-2013, 01:45 PM
You VTS people make me laugh. Always bragging about the advantages of a dual purpose maxhine, but then you start crying about needing a wider trailer and buckets because of the wider width!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

No, resistance is futile because Terex basically stopped marketing and making the VTS.
Posted via Mobile Device

stuvecorp
05-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

:nono: Never Ron! First I had a CTL and it cannot do what a VTS machine can. I can't afford to buy a CTL and keep a wheeled skid. For the work I get a wider machine just isn't going to work. The big problem is Terex:hammerhead:, they don't want to do anything with VTS and the OEM's don't want to deal with it.

Any way I agree that TK should have just put wheels on what they had...

SunriseGardens
05-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Our walleye season opened up this weekend and I fished over south of GB with a buddy I used to sell Bobcat with. He found out that the large Terex skids have an upper and a lower fuel tank but the sender is in the lower tank so you think you have a full tank even if the upper tank is almost empty. I'd like to ask the engineer what he was thinking when he came up with that idea. :hammerhead

Did you catch anything? The best I did on opening day was a 18" bass and a couple small northern. My fishing buddy got skunked he was fishing for the "elusive" walleye....

Digdeep
05-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Did you catch anything? The best I did on opening day was a 18" bass and a couple small northern. My fishing buddy got skunked he was fishing for the "elusive" walleye....

We fished the University Bay area and caught enough trolling for a decent fish fry. Nothing special.