PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Scag Pro-V

KV9064
01-23-2013, 07:58 PM
any news or pictures on the NEW Pro-V ? It is time to start looking for new mower you'd think they would have it out and ready to sell. :usflag:

P.Services
01-23-2013, 08:05 PM
last i new the pro v was being discontinued because it was a huge pile of crap just like scags normal walkbehind. Scag is nothing but a big failure these days. Wish management would fly me out to the factory so i could personally show them the problems.

KV9064
01-23-2013, 08:10 PM
well i guess i will move on to something else ANY SUGGESTIONS

djagusch
01-23-2013, 08:39 PM
What I know is in the spring the reps will have prototype's out like they did with the v ride to let more end users try them out. Most likely for sale in the fall.

For the mower it will have a Kawi FS engine, Freedom style deck with different baffles, freedom spindles, I don't recall the deck height adjustment but I think it was like the sfw walkbehind adjustment, zt3100 hydro's, "ecs" style controls. Price point hopefully around $5k.

Personally I think they are going to what the rest of the mfg's did to hit certain price points which pisses me off. I buy a Scag because it lasts and has high quality materials/design, not due to price point.

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
01-25-2013, 07:55 PM
I have been on to them about walk behinds for awhile and email scag a few times. I run toro hydro walk behinds with the t2 set up controls. They are just like the v rides controls. The mower is so simple. Electric start, push the brake down and go. You can let go of the controls to pick up trash with out having to put the brake on and so forth. Why could they not put the new v ride controls on a walk behind. Problem solved

djagusch
01-25-2013, 09:48 PM
I have been on to them about walk behinds for awhile and email scag a few times. I run toro hydro walk behinds with the t2 set up controls. They are just like the v rides controls. The mower is so simple. Electric start, push the brake down and go. You can let go of the controls to pick up trash with out having to put the brake on and so forth. Why could they not put the new v ride controls on a walk behind. Problem solved

That's all I wanted. A pro v chassis with v ride controls. So simple but they needed to mess with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
01-25-2013, 10:31 PM
I feel your pain ha . Got all scag zero turns and stand ins but have to run Toro walk behinds cause scag us slacking

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
01-25-2013, 11:30 PM
So does that mean the spindles wound be greaseless? I'm pretty sure that's how the freedom is set up .

djagusch
01-25-2013, 11:32 PM
I feel your pain ha . Got all scag zero turns and stand ins but have to run Toro walk behinds cause scag us slacking

Same here, 3 turf tigers, a vride, and hustler trimstar. Trimstar is from 09 and needs replacement. Been hearing stuff on scag's new walkbehind for 2 yrs and was holding off till it came out. Since I got the details I'm checking out another trimstar or exmark w/b's.
Posted via Mobile Device

djagusch
01-25-2013, 11:33 PM
So does that mean the spindles wound be greaseless? I'm pretty sure that's how the freedom is set up .

Yes, just like most mfg's.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
01-25-2013, 11:50 PM
i really need another walk behind for this year. I may hold off just to see how it turns out. Im not thrilled about the controls they are talking about. Greaseless
spindles would be a plus if they held up. I know on my toro mowers they are greaseless and they have held up so far, but they only have a little over 500 hours on them.