PDA

View Full Version : Got my turf tiger today!

arl250
01-23-2013, 09:51 PM
After many trips to my dealer and several threads i posted on here i went with the vanguard 35 hp and love it so far i actually i left a spot in my own yard that hasn't been mowed in months just for me to try out my new mower lol plowed threw it never grunted
Posted via Mobile Device

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
01-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Good choice . I have a new one also as of the other day. The other two have a 32 big block and 29 efi kaw. The big blocks just do so much better on power.

TMAC669
01-23-2013, 09:56 PM
After many trips to my dealer and several threads i posted on here i went with the vanguard 35 hp and love it so far i actually i left a spot in my own yard that hasn't been mowed in months just for me to try out my new mower lol plowed threw it never grunted
Posted via Mobile Device

Keep us posted on your likes and dislike, I want a TT myself. Thats if mama lets me buy another mower. She wants new blinds and furniture. If you don't mind me asking what was the price out the door? Can you post some pics of your new baby?

TMAC669
01-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Good choice . I have a new one also as of the other day. The other two have a 32 big block and 29 efi kaw. The big blocks just do so much better on power.

Since you have both models, the DFI and the big block, which one do you prefer? What is the fuel consumption of the two?

arl250
01-23-2013, 10:29 PM
I would post pics if I knew how! Haha I just love the way this vanguard sounds it runs so smooth and its actually sorta quiet I can't wait till spring!
Posted via Mobile Device

TMAC669
01-23-2013, 10:33 PM
I would post pics if I knew how! Haha I just love the way this vanguard sounds it runs so smooth and its actually sorta quiet I can't wait till spring!
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you even consider a Cheetah?

arl250
01-23-2013, 10:46 PM
I did but idk just wasn't sold on it I wanted a mower I know is going to last and the hillside ability of the tt the cheetah was I guess just to fancy and to many moving parts... oh yea it was 11600 otd and 0% for 48 mths and no payment till june
Posted via Mobile Device

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
01-23-2013, 11:22 PM
The air cooled 35 big block on the Tt isn't bad at all on gas like you would think. Around 1.6 to 1.8 on gas. With the power it takes less time to mow under loads. It takes a lot to put even put it under stress. The 32 vanguard is night and day on power between the 29 dfi even though by numbers it's only 3 hp. I honestly never checked the fuel on the 32 bb but it does use less. The 29 kaw dfi sips the gas around 1 to 1.4 gallons an hour. But it makes me mad to run the 29 after I have gotten use to the big blocks.

TMAC669
01-23-2013, 11:23 PM
I did but idk just wasn't sold on it I wanted a mower I know is going to last and the hillside ability of the tt the cheetah was I guess just to fancy and to many moving parts... oh yea it was 11600 otd and 0% for 48 mths and no payment till june
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the info and congrats on the new mower!

arl250
01-23-2013, 11:53 PM
I have the fx801 Kawasaki on my Dixon grizzly its 29 hp and I've never checked it but it does use alot of gas also... by the way the Dixon is for sale
Posted via Mobile Device

arl250
01-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Also thanks everyone for the help on making this decision and I cant wait till I can give everyone some true feed back on this thing
Posted via Mobile Device

TMAC669
01-24-2013, 01:26 AM
The air cooled 35 big block on the Tt isn't bad at all on gas like you would think. Around 1.6 to 1.8 on gas. With the power it takes less time to mow under loads. It takes a lot to put even put it under stress. The 32 vanguard is night and day on power between the 29 dfi even though by numbers it's only 3 hp. I honestly never checked the fuel on the 32 bb but it does use less. The 29 kaw dfi sips the gas around 1 to 1.4 gallons an hour. But it makes me mad to run the 29 after I have gotten use to the big blocks.

I checked Scags website and the EFI motor sips the grass compared to the Big Block. Is it that much of a difference in power where you don't like the 29HP? 1.8 is almost $7 an hour in fuel.

arl250
01-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I have run the 29 dfi and to me its a disappointment it wasn't worth1500 more plus the ratings on scags website are under full load ive read the big block isn't near as bad in normal mowing and i do run into alot of situations where grass should really be bush hogged first so in need the extra power.... so lets just hope this thing doesn't break the bank in gas lol I will give feedback soon as we can go back to mowing
Posted via Mobile Device

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
01-24-2013, 10:27 AM
When you put the 29 under heavy loads it uses more gas because its under stress. When you put the big block in the same condition it won't even break a sweat because of its power resulting in not having to use much. You really have to be mowing some thick stuff for the carb to open up and drink the gas. When I use the 29 it does fine on weekly cuts but it is a real big difference. I just traded the new Kholer dfi 29 Tt for the 35 big block for the power and it wasn't as bad as I had thought on fuel. But if you could get a mower with the 32 Bb it is the best of both worlds as far as power and not using much gas.

wegomow
01-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Congrats! Nothing like that "new mower smell". What year model, engine and size Grizzly?

TMAC669
01-24-2013, 10:41 AM
When you put the 29 under heavy loads it uses more gas because its under stress. When you put the big block in the same condition it won't even break a sweat because of its power resulting in not having to use much. You really have to be mowing some thick stuff for the carb to open up and drink the gas. When I use the 29 it does fine on weekly cuts but it is a real big difference. I just traded the new Kholer dfi 29 Tt for the 35 big block for the power and it wasn't as bad as I had thought on fuel. But if you could get a mower with the 32 Bb it is the best of both worlds as far as power and not using much gas.

Thanks for the feedback I will keep that in mind when my day comes that I'm a proud owner of new TT!

arl250
01-24-2013, 10:43 AM
I bought it brand new two season ago its 60 in deck exactly same mower as husqvarna pz6029 has 412 hrs its a good mower but I have already replaced the deck bearings and
Posted via Mobile Device

arl250
01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
They were greased properly and dealer support just wasn't there in my area its built like a tank though and the deck is awsome almost as good as velocity deck
Posted via Mobile Device

djagusch
01-24-2013, 11:40 AM
I checked Scags website and the EFI motor sips the grass compared to the Big Block. Is it that much of a difference in power where you don't like the 29HP? 1.8 is almost $7 an hour in fuel.

Look at the difference in cost between the two. .5 to .8 gal/hr difference depending on who's numbers you use. 1.50 to 2.25 difference per hr. Does that sound that bad? Going to guess the bb holds its speed for hills etc better also which reduces time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
01-24-2013, 11:45 AM
I mow some hills especially at one church that the bb just climbs with no problem mowing at around 3450 rpm. The 29 kaw barely makes it up the hill .

TMAC669
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
I mow some hills especially at one church that the bb just climbs with no problem mowing at around 3450 rpm. The 29 kaw barely makes it up the hill .

So I guess what you are saying is more horsepower, less the engine works equals less fuel consumption. Depending on the mowing conditions always better to have more horsepower than getting in a situation where you get caught without enough hp to get the job done. I get it.

arl250
01-24-2013, 03:19 PM
That's why I went with the vanguard was price and the fact the if I need the power and I know I will its there... also considered the 29 kohler efi but it just seemed like a no brainer to go with the most horse power for the cheapest price
Posted via Mobile Device

TMAC669
01-24-2013, 03:37 PM
That's why I went with the vanguard was price and the fact the if I need the power and I know I will its there... also considered the 29 kohler efi but it just seemed like a no brainer to go with the most horse power for the cheapest price
Posted via Mobile Device

Just talk to my local sales rep and he said 11k out the door with Briggs set up. I'm saving up my pennies and hopefully I will be a proud owner of new Turf Tiger.

arl250
01-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Sounds like a deal my dealer said that was the last he had the 2013 were going up... I only have one scag dealer local they are great but known to be high they will do whatever it takes to keep us mowing tho if a mower breaks down
Posted via Mobile Device

LibertyFarmLandscaping
01-24-2013, 06:55 PM
$9600 + tax on the last TT VG 35hp I bought last July.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landrus2
01-24-2013, 07:21 PM
$9600 + tax on the last TT VG 35hp I bought last July.
Posted via Mobile Device

Compared to others mowers out there not a bad price:waving:

LibertyFarmLandscaping
01-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Compared to others mowers out there not a bad price:waving:

Yeah the dealer has an online parts store also that is a sponsor here. mowpart.com
Their dealer website is fourbros.com.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sharps_lawn&landscaping
01-24-2013, 11:51 PM
I love my Tt but my friend just got a ferris and it seems like you can't beat the ride with the suspension. Wish I knew more about them. But my turf tigers take a hard beat down all the time with very minor issues so its very hard for me to trade to another zero turn.