PDA

View Full Version : Small Improvement

SoDak
01-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Stoop Renovation we did late this fall. Before and After

srl28
01-24-2013, 07:19 PM
I like the idea, looks better than what was there...but...

Whats with the last step? The pavers look very wavy where the walkway ends.

jbailey52
01-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Whats with the last step? The pavers look very wavy where the walkway ends.

I was wondering the same thing?

zedosix
01-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Possibly an illusion? I would of started the coping on the left side of the bottom step.

MDLawn
01-28-2013, 04:52 PM
It's a good improvement for sure...

Mainly because I screwed up on a step set do you guys work from the door out (to get elevation right) or from the step to the door? Mainly in terms of base preparation. Or are your measurements precise enough where when you finish you don't have a 1" gap under the door like i did.

Lite4
01-29-2013, 09:19 AM
You should be able to nail that without any gap. Know how deep you need your base to be for the weight your putting on it, know the dimensions of your pavers and block, take into account your base sand, know the degree of pitch you need away from the door; put all those measurements together and this will give you a depth of how far you need to excavate for your base. Set your laser or string lines and cut away. Always be checking your base and base block elevations and don't exceed your measurements or all that will transfer up into your pavers and you will be too high to get under the base of the door without going back and tweaking your sand or base gravel to make it fit.