PDA

View Full Version : Blades for Exmark turf tracer 36"

LawnBoy627
01-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Im fairly new to the industry and I just recently bought a exmark turf tracer 36". Im wondering what are the best blades to use to get the best possible cut? Also what are good blades for mulching? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device

weaver
01-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Are you side discharging or running a full mulch kit? The aftermarket gator blades or the Exmark Extreme blades are both awesome for side discharging . They mulch up so well there's no need for bagging. If you are running a full mulch kit you need the wavy mulching blade. That kit comes with a mulch plate, baffles & wavy blades. Not really good idea during the spring time though.. But does work well..

Turf Tracer
01-24-2013, 08:55 PM
I use 2 low lift blades on each spindle with micro mulch. It destroys everything, including spring growth. :clapping:

weaver
01-24-2013, 08:59 PM
I use 2 low lift blades on each spindle with micro mulch. It destroys everything, including spring growth. :clapping:

So just 2 low lifts per spindle? What do you do offset the blades? And you run the full mulch kit? Has it ever hurt the bearings or anyting?

LawnBoy627
01-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Are you side discharging or running a full mulch kit? The aftermarket gator blades or the Exmark Extreme blades are both awesome for side discharging . They mulch up so well there's no need for bagging. If you are running a full mulch kit you need the wavy mulching blade. That kit comes with a mulch plate, baffles & wavy blades. Not really good idea during the spring time though.. But does work well..

I'm running a full mulch kit at the moment. Why is mulching not good for the spring? When is a good time to mulch? Thanks for the advice.
Posted via Mobile Device

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-24-2013, 09:50 PM
I just run the std. Exmark hi lifts on mine and I only scraped the deck down like twice all last season and NEVER in between jobs or at a job.

weaver
01-24-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm running a full mulch kit at the moment. Why is mulching not good for the spring? When is a good time to mulch? Thanks for the advice.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's not that it's not good, but if you have spring time growing conditions, rain, plus a heavily fertilized lawn it sometimes becomes overwhelming for the mowers, or really just makes a mess. I side discharge with extremes from Exmark and an OCDC and works great for me..

LawnBoy627
01-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Ok that makes sense. What type of grass do mow in your area? Here in Georgia we cut mainly Bermuda, it's not near as thick as some other types of grass such as zoysia or Kentucky blue grass. So mulching here in the spring might not be too much for the mower considering how thin Bermuda grad is compared to other types.
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl
01-24-2013, 10:03 PM
I have a tthp36 with mulch kit and it leaves a great cut on common Bermuda with the standard wavy mulching blades from Exmark.

weaver
01-24-2013, 10:07 PM
To give an example, i mow alot of subdivision lots and sometimes can be tight, as in space. When i tried high lift blades, the clippings came out in bigger pieces and really through them, causing messes like in the landscape. When i tried the actual mulch kit it sucked cause in the spring time you had to go so slow to try and mulch that much grass and usally made a mess. Finally tried the Extremes, side discharging and the clippings came out in much smaller pieces and didn't through them that far either. Then last i added a operator controlled discharge chute for when i do mow by the landscaping and totally kept the clippings where they belong in the lawn. You really just have to set your mower up for your mowing conditions...

weaver
01-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Ok that makes sense. What type of grass do mow in your area? Here in Georgia we cut mainly Bermuda, it's not near as thick as some other types of grass such as zoysia or Kentucky blue grass. So mulching here in the spring might not be too much for the mower considering how thin Bermuda grad is compared to other types.
Posted via Mobile Device

alot of sod, fescue

jones68
01-25-2013, 09:21 AM
i run 2 exmark metros i run high lifts all the time. i have the chutes on the machines so if i need to keep the clippings down all i do is put the chute down. i also carry rack'em baggers to throw on if i need to collect the clippings. i tried the gator blades (mulching blades) years ago and found that while they did reduce the clippings being thrown out they didnt provide the suction under the deck to lift the grass and make a clean cut. i found they didnt cut all the grass evenly. the high lifts work for me and my customers. biggest thing with any blades in my opinion is keeping them sharp, balanced, and with a clean deck.

Turf Tracer
01-25-2013, 09:57 AM
So just 2 low lifts per spindle? What do you do offset the blades? And you run the full mulch kit? Has it ever hurt the bearings or anyting?

Just put them in a + position.. I posted a pic somewhere.

We get heavy spring growth and wet conditions. Never take the mulch kit of with doubles. :clapping:

Stay far away from serrated edge blades like gators. They are messy in heavy growth