PDA

View Full Version : Deck adjustment question

smallstripesnc
01-25-2013, 12:42 PM
I just got a new Gravely pro turn 152 and love it so far. I checked the blade tips with blade front to back of the deck to ensure that the pitch was correct and I noticed with the deck height set to 3 1/2 that it was only cutting at 3 inches. I tripple checked to make sure I had the pin in the right hole which I did.

So I adjusted the deck to get it right at 3 1/2 inches with the pin in the 3 1/2 hole and 1/4 higher in the back. Now the deck lift won't latch.

Any advice?

Valk
01-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Tire pressure adjustment perhaps?

MOturkey
01-25-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure how the deck adjustment is set up on your mower, I run the Pro-Master series, but I do know the actual cutting height is usually set by the dealer. I had one mower, and a few years later added another. One deck was a half inch higher than the other. On the older mower, the mechanic that assembled the mower simply set it up wrong.

As for the deck lift latch not working, I don't have a clue. I don't understand how adjusting the height would effect it.

smallstripesnc
01-25-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm going to check the tire pressure. That's the only thing I can think of why it was 1/2 inch off. I know that a pound of air or so can really make a difference.

To adjust there's just two bolts to mess with on each side. One you loosen and one you turn clockwise to raise and counter clockwise to lower. If its the tire pressure I bet that I raised it and didn't even need to adjust the deck 1/2 up. If its not the tire pressure.