PDA

View Full Version : What are the best trimmers you guys have had over the years?

Holland
01-25-2013, 10:30 PM
I love this site! Thanks for the info you guys provide!
Im always looking for some older trimmers that are no longer in production. What's some of the favs of you guys?

I found me an old fs83 Stihl. Redmax made the engine. Love that trimmer!
Posted via Mobile Device

Holland
01-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Bump. Hehe. Mabey my topic is lame? Hehe
Posted via Mobile Device

CowboysLawnCareDelaware
01-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Any commercial grade Echo.

-Michael

CowboysLawnCareDelaware
01-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Nobody is responding because your just gonna start a pi$$ing match between "Echo or Stihl".

-Michael

Holland
01-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Na man. I actually love em all. I wouldn't know shi& if it weren't for you guys with the knowledge.
Posted via Mobile Device

Holland
01-25-2013, 11:36 PM
It interests me that you guys Loved a bunch of the old school 2stroke stuff. I keep my Eyes open on Craigslist for some of the kickass oldies.
Posted via Mobile Device

ddixon7
01-26-2013, 02:38 AM
All old Shindaiwas and Redmaxs. I mostly ran 230 Shindaiwas. Still got some new ones. Bought up all I could. Very glad I did. Rebuilding all the old ones while parts are still available. When I feel parts will dry up, I will spend as much as I need to to stock up for a couple decades worth of parts.

lawnboy dan
01-26-2013, 08:40 AM
same here -all the old redmax and shindy. i also bought all i could. have enough to last the rest of my life.

CuttingEdge8684
01-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

CuttingEdge8684
01-26-2013, 08:58 AM
I really liked my old stihl fs80 until my trimmer rack decided to destroy it and send the engine flying off the road somewhere along my 25 mile drive. Was my first trimmer real trimmer ever, straight shaft, seemed to have the perfect balance of power and weight, for me anyway. Echo is great too though, I have one that is very light weight. Nice for light trimming for long periods of time. Just don't have any older stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

Snapper Jack
01-26-2013, 09:38 AM
All old Shindaiwas and Redmaxs. I mostly ran 230 Shindaiwas. Still got some new ones. Bought up all I could. Very glad I did. Rebuilding all the old ones while parts are still available. When I feel parts will dry up, I will spend as much as I need to to stock up for a couple decades worth of parts.

had a T25 and wasn't able to locate a new carburetor,they seemed to lay down every few years on me to the extent of no being rebuildable and EPA restriction laws on the manufacture engines . So I bought a Robin instead and now they're forbidden from being sold in the US:cry: EPA:hammerhead:

Holland
01-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Yeah looking for a couple fs80 stihls and some of the older echoes.
Posted via Mobile Device

ed2hess
01-27-2013, 09:08 PM
It is real simple the best all around units are the 2 stroke trimmers that have both a low and high needle on the carb. They last longer and easier to fix and parts are less expensive. Oh and one company makes it hard by keeping their parts list secret.

sparcolawn
01-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Echo is the only way to go IMO. last summer i bought a couple Husqvarna trimmers and during the hottest days of summer, those things wouldn't want to run at all. unless you kept them full throttle, they would always die out.

jones68
01-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Redmax
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnboy dan
01-29-2013, 07:03 AM
i am so done with sthil for the reason that they wont allow parts sales on line. even the parts lists are a state secret.

herler
01-30-2013, 02:09 AM
In terms of longevity and raw power, Stihl FS-100rx
And in terms of bang for the buck, Husqvarna 128LD

i am so done with sthil for the reason that they wont allow parts sales on line. even the parts lists are a state secret.

Oh, I'm switching myself for that same reason but their tools last a long time, it is possible I will always have Stihls in my arsenal.

Swampy
01-30-2013, 06:37 AM
I miss my old FS85, was my first trimmer that I garbage picked. I really like Stihl equipment, the online support really doesn't bother me, my dealer that I use and sells parts is amazing (as they been in business for years, and their staff is very knowledgable and not just with stihl products). As long as you know what model number it is and a general idea of what its not doing correctly, they can get you the correct parts 9 out of 10 times.

Mickhippy
01-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Kawasaki 27A. Im dreading the day I have to buy something different!

joemower
01-30-2013, 06:30 PM
had a T25 and wasn't able to locate a new carburetor,they seemed to lay down every few years on me to the extent of no being rebuildable and EPA restriction laws on the manufacture engines . So I bought a Robin instead and now they're forbidden from being sold in the US:cry: EPA:hammerhead:

Wow T25! Don't forget the T30. Man I miss those days. Lost interest in the Shindi's when EPA screwed them up though I here they are getting better again. We switched to the Redmax 2350 (now the 2351). It's their high end residential/low end commercial model but it kicks butt. Very light, powerful, and comparatively inexpensive. Also they have been extreemly reliable for us. Kind of reminds me of the old Shindi T30 but lighter.
Posted via Mobile Device

JimsLocalLawn
01-31-2013, 12:04 AM
Stihl FS90R is probly the best trimmer on the market for the price (around 300)

I have used almost everything except kawasaki. The stihl will outlast everything available, you can't break them. Solid shaft, super efficient 4 mix, they are almost bulletproof.
My stihl handtools are super durable, extremely efficient, super powerful, and that's what I look for in handheld's!

KrayzKajun
01-31-2013, 12:08 AM
My all time favorite was the old gray Echo srm-210. I actually still have three of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

castlerockmo
01-31-2013, 01:17 AM
Husqvarna 326 327 or 335 bullet proof!
Posted via Mobile Device

banjoman
01-31-2013, 01:52 AM
Ive had good luck out of Stihl and Echo both. Never tried a Shindawia, although if i run across a good deal on one ill pick it up and give it a whirl.