PDA

View Full Version : New website for biz

lawnagent
02-04-2003, 02:37 AM
I just wanted to get the feedback, both good and bad on our companys new website. Thanks. www.greenscapelawn.com

troblandscape
02-04-2003, 02:49 AM
It looks good, Did you get a pro. to do it or did you do it yourself

lawnagent
02-04-2003, 02:53 AM
Man, does it really look like a pro did it? LOL :blush: no I did it myself. I went through Homestead. Thanks for the feedback.

lawnagent
02-04-2003, 12:54 PM
BTT

rodfather
02-04-2003, 01:18 PM
I feel that a website should act as a sales tool to attract business. If so, maybe rewrite the "our services" page. In reading it, you seem to use the work "we" an awful lot.

As a potential customer, I'm more interested in what you can do for "me". Just a thought.

Ed Ryder
02-04-2003, 01:32 PM
1. The picture on the home page takes way, way too long to load. I gave up waiting for it after a minute. You need to re-size that file.

2. Mentioning "the Lord" is a total turn-off to me.

3. All but one of the photos on the services page took too long to load and I never saw them.

4. The writing isn't impressive. There is at least one punctuation mistake. I saw a couple spacing misses.

I give it a C minus or a D.

HarryD
02-04-2003, 01:37 PM
well its a start :rolleyes: keep trying

bubble boy
02-04-2003, 02:57 PM
no offense but i wouldn't go so far as to say looks like a pro did it (which is fine i did ours myself).

but it would get the job done once you fix the pics.

run them thru www.jpegwizard.com and upload them again.

check out some members sites here to get some ideas for your text.

and take rodfather's advice.

lawnagent
02-04-2003, 03:00 PM
I do still have some photos that I have not inserted onto the site yet, so thats why some did not come up. You are right , it is taking WAY too long to download the homepage. I scanned our flyer and put it on there but it has a green background. I am going to rescan it in black and white. Then it will load fast. I had figured that the mentioning of the LORD would not sit well with some but thats okay. As far as my personal religious convictions go, I will never succeed if I dont rely on the Lord and he is all that matters after we die anyway. so that part is non negotiable, I guess you could say.
Lastly I would be the first to say that my puncuation STINKS so Ill have to go over it again and correct mistakes. Thanks for all the feedback, both good and bad.:D