PDA

View Full Version : Safety...

Prestige Landscaping
01-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Hey we are in need of some advice with this... We are searching for landscape safety meeting help.... We need websites, books, or just ideas for tailgate meeting topics. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks, Jonah:weightlifter:

nnusskern
01-26-2013, 02:13 PM
On OSHA website their are pdf files with different forms and such that are avalibe in english and Spanish. Some general would be actually wearing all ppe properly. You going over how to safely use certain equipment. Also discussing where fire extinguisher and first aid kits are and how to use them. Maybe have a certified trainer come in and give you and your guys cpr/first aid training or red cross typically offers training and its very affordable.
Posted via Mobile Device

Prestige Landscaping
01-26-2013, 02:29 PM
How would I go about that?

Prestige Landscaping
01-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Hey we are in need of some advice with this... We are searching for landscape safety meeting help.... We need websites, books, or just ideas for tailgate meeting topics. Let me know what your thoughts are.

jrs.landscaping
01-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Look up JJ Keller on Google, they should have material to help you.

NC Greenscaper
01-30-2013, 07:08 PM

Thanks, Jonah:weightlifter:

Try these PDF from PLANET https://www.landcarenetwork.org/riskmgmt/osha.cfm

Gmgbo
01-30-2013, 07:59 PM
We have a brief weekly meetings focusing on different areas. Usually we read safety precautions right out of equipment owners manual and demonstrate on the piece of equipment

We also go over distracted driving, using traffic cones, employee ppe.

Crew leaders also have a safety checklist to complete every morning: truck inspection, trailer. Ppe, everything strapped down etc
Posted via Mobile Device