PDA

View Full Version : tire blew up HELP

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 06:43 PM
:help:

Hi guys,

HOW DO I FIX THIS? TIRE!?!?!?!?

I know a guy who might know how to, but I can't go until monday, and he might not do this work. :mad:

jequigle
01-26-2013, 06:47 PM
buy a new tire...

jc1
01-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Do you have a replacement tire.

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 06:54 PM
no, i don't have a replacement.

and, I want to fi this because it is brand new.

jc1
01-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Ok so elaborate on what size it is and what it is on. A picture of a ripped open tire does not provide that info.

StanWilhite
01-26-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm pretty sure you're "pulling our leg"....but just in case you're being serious, the tire is waaaaaaaaay past repairing.
Just curious, what caused that much damage?

Richard Martin
01-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Sometimes you can put a boot in a tire but I'm afraid that one is junk.

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty sure you're "pulling our leg"....but just in case you're being serious, the tire is waaaaaaaaay past repairing.
Just curious, what caused that much damage?

great......... now, I need to go buy a new tire :wall

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Sometimes you can put a boot in a tire but I'm afraid that one is junk.

you mean a shoe?

I might sound stupid, but I don't know much about repairing tires. :(

KrayzKajun
01-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Hmmmmmm you mite want to rethink this career if you think you can fix a tire like that. Seriously go buy a new tire.
Posted via Mobile Device

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Hmmmmmm you mite want to rethink this career if you think you can fix a tire like that. Seriously go buy a new tire.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can do landscaping, I just can't fix tires :laugh::laugh::laugh:

alldayrj
01-26-2013, 07:20 PM
I want to fix this because it WAS brand new.
Fixed it for you
Posted via Mobile Device

Snapper Jack
01-26-2013, 07:26 PM
"Duck Tape It" and reflate :laugh:

Richard Martin
01-26-2013, 07:40 PM
you mean a shoe?

I might sound stupid, but I don't know much about repairing tires. :(

Nope, it's called a boot.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/CAMEL-Tire-Repair-Patch-1EKY2

knox gsl
01-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Dude really??? go to anywhere that sells small tires and buy a new one. Be careful the plastic wheels gouge easy and then it wont hold air. If they have it at Walmart or Northern tool you're good to go if not it WILL be Monday.

KS_Grasscutter
01-26-2013, 08:31 PM
What's the tire on? It looks like a push spreader. Not sure how the heck you woulda blew out a tire on a push spreader haha.

Sprinkler Buddy
01-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Man, you must have had some serious air pressure in that thing to have it blow like that. Lucky it didn't blow while you were airing it up.

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 08:55 PM
What's the tire on? It looks like a push spreader. Not sure how the heck you woulda blew out a tire on a push spreader haha.

it is my brand new Shindaiwa spreader. I filled it up because it was low, left it right outside the shop, come back and the tire is popped.

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Well, maybe the dealer will give me a free one since I bought it brand new this morning.

Landrus2
01-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Stitch it up and throw a tube :dizzy:

jc1
01-26-2013, 09:11 PM
So how high did you jump when it popped?

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Stitch it up and throw a tube :dizzy:

what do you mean by "throw a tube"?

I have 0 experience with tires. I don't know the terms :laugh:

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 09:12 PM
So how high did you jump when it popped?

I wasn't there. I went in the clients house to get payment, and I come out and the tire is popped.

Darryl G
01-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Wow....looks like a bear tried to eat it. Seriously, that tire is beyond all reasonable means of repair.

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Wow....looks like a bear tried to eat it. Seriously, that tire is beyond all reasonable means of repair.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sprinkler Buddy
01-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Well, maybe the dealer will give me a free one since I bought it brand new this morning.

He might but don't count on it, this was clearly your fault. Consider yourself lucky it didn't blow while airing it up.

Greyst1
01-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Haha, that's ef'd up. Never seen a blow out on that size of a tire. Go to TSC and buy a new one if you have to be running today, if not get the baby warranted.

IT CAN NOT BE REPAIRED.

Darryl G
01-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Since you say you don't know anything about tires...in case you don't know...there will be a maximum pressure rated marking on the tire sidewall. Often times equipment is designed to be operated with less than the max pressure, but never exceed the max pressure. It appears you must have, by a lot.

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 11:21 PM
:hammerhead:

Darryl G
01-26-2013, 11:34 PM
OK...not to be nosey, but exactly what are you fertilizing in late January in New Jersey, or is it for spreading salt?

kawasaki guy
01-26-2013, 11:35 PM
OK...not to be nosey, but exactly what are you fertilizing in late January in New Jersey, or is it for spreading salt?

i am spreading salt with it. :)

Turf Tracer
01-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Duct tape. :weightlifter: fixed.

kawasaki guy
01-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Duct tape. :weightlifter: fixed.

that would look good :laugh::nono:

Darryl G
01-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Sears might have a tire that will fit that.

Landrus2
01-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Have you tried Horbor freight :waving:

kawasaki guy
01-27-2013, 11:03 AM
I am going to go out to try to find a new tire today I believe. :clapping:

Landrus2
01-27-2013, 11:17 AM
This time get a flat free tire:drinkup:

C & T Landscaping
01-27-2013, 05:59 PM

Maybe look into some explosive resistant tires. lmao

Hopefully...You learned your lesson as to the dangers of over-inflation... luckily you weren't next to it when it blew, hearing damage or even pieces of rubber fly past your head wouldn't be good.

kawasaki guy
01-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Hopefully...You learned your lesson as to the dangers of over-inflation... luckily you weren't next to it when it blew, hearing damage or even pieces of rubber fly past your head wouldn't be good.

I have. I was so worried about the other one bursting, I went out to my shop at 11:00 am just to let some air out of it. :laugh:

kawasaki guy
01-27-2013, 08:05 PM

weaver
01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Has anyone had better luck with trailer tires vs passanger car tires. I had blow outs myself the last two seasons with pass radials and switched to bias trailer tires this year. Have'nt pulled with them yet but they look alot more stout. Even without a load the others always looked half flat but not the new 6 plys...
Posted via Mobile Device

kawasaki guy
01-27-2013, 08:07 PM
I am going to go out to try to find a new tire today I believe. :clapping:

I tried, but did not find one that fit. :( I am calling the dealer to order one on monday. :)

Patriot Services
01-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Has anyone had better luck with trailer tires vs passanger car tires. I had blow outs myself the last two seasons with pass radials and switched to bias trailer tires this year. Have'nt pulled with them yet but they look alot more stout. Even without a load the others always looked half flat but not the new 6 plys...
Posted via Mobile Device

Never use car tires on a trailer. The DOT frowns heavily on it. The bias plys may wear out fairly quick. Try and get E rated radials when you have the coin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Tracer
01-27-2013, 08:11 PM
I use the jthomas Zero Flats

Never have to worry:clapping:

http://www.j-thomas.com/Portal.aspx?CN=FEA8B25D14E2

weaver
01-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Never use car tires on a trailer. The DOT frowns heavily on it. The bias plys may wear out fairly quick. Try and get E rated radials when you have the coin.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm mostly in the city so hopefully i get a couple seasons out of them. So far they look like they're gonna work better but will look for the ones you sugested next time around..... Thanks...
Posted via Mobile Device

StanWilhite
01-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Maybe look into some explosive resistant tires. lmao

Now THAT'S some useful advice! :laugh:

kawasaki guy
01-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Now THAT'S some useful advice! :laugh:

Pietro
01-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Go to harbor freight and get flat free tires, I cant believe you dont know what a tire tube is. Shoot, I put em in my Z master rear tires. $20.00 tube sure beats a new $100 tire when the holes are too big to plug!.

Darryl G
01-29-2013, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't put flat-free tires on it. They're not at very high risk of getting punctures and I'd think it would rattle around a lot more. And if he does that he has to buy 2 of them, which will probably cost more than the spreader did in the first place...it's a $100 spreader.

LindblomRJ
01-29-2013, 07:29 PM
I put tubes in all my small tires. My John Deere F930 needed a rear, steering tire this morning. New tire and tube a bit of time and back on the machine in no time.

The old tire was old and I knew I was going have to fix it. Sure enough it blew out. It is a fact of like if you're a landscaper or grass cutter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
01-29-2013, 07:47 PM
I put tubes in any tires that leak too. I gave up on the tires on the cart I tow behind my mower. It came with wheel-barrow tires and even with tubes they kept going flat. I went ahead and put on-road trailer tires on it with tubes and haven't had a flat since. Of course, it cost me more for the tires/tubes than the cart is worth, lol.

orangemower
01-30-2013, 08:34 AM
I thought any guy that rode a bicycle when they were young knew how to air up a tire. Did you play with dolls or something? LOL Hit up Walmart or TSC. They'll have the right size.

kawasaki guy
01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
I thought any guy that rode a bicycle when they were young knew how to air up a tire. Did you play with dolls or something? LOL Hit up Walmart or TSC. They'll have the right size.

:nono: boys with dolls :nono: :laugh:

The dealer gave me a free one off a old one they are scrapping for free :laugh:

I can put air in tires, but I did not chek the PSI on these tires with the PSI gauge. But, when I fill up my parents tires, I always do...

Darryl G
01-30-2013, 03:23 PM
You got lucky!

kawasaki guy
01-30-2013, 03:24 PM
You got lucky!

I know....

Darryl G
01-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Was he impressed with how good of a job you did destroying that tire? lol

LindblomRJ
01-30-2013, 03:50 PM

He should be :laugh: This reminds me of topsites :rolleyes:

Darryl G
01-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Nothing worse than breaking brand new stuff. I went to pick up a brand new custom order Econoline van that I got for a field service vehicle years ago. It was a huge deal getting management to approve it and we custom ordered it so we could get it outfitted exactly how we wanted it and had to wait for it. I was so excited when it finially came in. The dealer had squeezed it into a parking spot...in fact I think they must have put some of the other vehicles in after they parked it. Well I'm trying to get it out of the spot and didn't notice the lamp post...ripped the big towing mirror off it...pulled the bolts right through the door and dented the hell out of the door....before I even left the lot, lol.

StanWilhite
01-30-2013, 07:14 PM
:nono: boys with dolls :nono: :laugh:

The dealer gave me a free one off a old one they are scrapping for free :laugh:

I can put air in tires, but I did not chek the PSI on these tires with the PSI gauge. But, when I fill up my parents tires, I always do...

The small volume of air a tire like this uses causes the pressure to go from "0" to whatever your compressor is maxed out at, very, very quickly. You can increase the air pressure in a tire this size 20 psi in just a couple of seconds. You gotta be quick when airing a tire like this up! :)

kawasaki guy
01-30-2013, 07:19 PM

he did not say anything... :laugh:

Darryl G
01-30-2013, 07:40 PM
What I do when airing small tires is turn the regulator on the compressor down to a few pounds over what my target PSI is. They fill up slower that way but there's less chance of over inflating them.

herler
01-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Oh look at all the commotion over that puny little hairline tire GASH there
just use some duct tape and Fix-A-flat have you back up and running in no time at all.

What I do when airing small tires is turn the regulator on the compressor down to a few pounds over what my target PSI is. They fill up slower that way but there's less chance of over inflating them.

True because a regulator doesn't actually stop the air from flowing past the set pressure, all it does is slow down the flow of air at any pressure, why they'd even call it a regulator is past my comprehension, an inline ball valve is all it is, the more expensive ones are built more like a faucet but ultimately it's more of a throttle or governor than anything else.

I do guess some manufacturers did call those devices governors, if memory serves me right.
They'll still allow the air pressure to equalize, if you have 100 psi in the tank you'll have 100 psi at the other end but the governor slows the flow, so for small tires like that you'd want to slow it down an awful lot, almost close the valve completely if you really want to play it safe otherwise you're not doing much of anything.

Darryl G
01-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Hmmm...I dunno about that. I can set the regulator on my compressor to a set pressure and that's all it will give. I'm certain of that. The reason it doesn't wholly prevent me from over inflating things is because it's not particularly accurate. I do my final pressure adjustments with my pressure gauge which has a built in air bleed on it.

StanWilhite
01-30-2013, 11:55 PM
Hmmm...I dunno about that. I can set the regulator on my compressor to a set pressure and that's all it will give. I'm certain of that. The reason it doesn't wholly prevent me from over inflating things is because it's not particularly accurate. I do my final pressure adjustments with my pressure gauge which has a built in air bleed on it.

That's exactly right, the regulator drops the psi to whatever it's set to. The tank can have, let's say, 120 psi, but will only produce 30 psi if the regulator is set at 30 psi. If that wasn't the case there would be no reason to have a regulator on the compressor.

herler
01-31-2013, 02:37 AM
That's exactly right, the regulator drops the psi to whatever it's set to. The tank can have, let's say, 120 psi, but will only produce 30 psi if the regulator is set at 30 psi. If that wasn't the case there would be no reason to have a regulator on the compressor.

No, when one adjusts a standard regulator it merely opens and closes the passage hence it doesn't control the psi's, it controls the cfm's, look here... Shine a light in one end and look in the other, start regulating and watch that ball valve tell me it ain't so, now if the tank contains 120 psi then even if slowly but surely 120 psi is going to the other side, if you really want to test it put a gauge on the other side of that regulator and a stop on the air hose at the very end, then regulate to your heart's content and see if that gauge doesn't end up at the same exact PSI the tank's PSI is set to.

Why I know, I got two piggyback tanks and I'm telling you, no matter how regulated, even if I let out ALL the air and regulate it down to almost nothing the secondary tank still eventually ends up at the SAME pressure as the primary.

Maybe, and it's a big maybe but just MAYBE this one regulator here does what you speak of...
But this Ingersoll-Rand unit costs 50 dollars and I know for a fact MOST air setups don't have one of these, and still I wouldn't guarantee it actually controls the PSI's any better than the 2 dollar ones do.

herler
01-31-2013, 02:49 AM
For a regulator to work as you claim it would have to shut OFF the air flow completely when the air pressure on the other end reaches the desired limit, otherwise... And I don't care who you are but so long air is flowing through a line, the pressure on the other end is going to increase, and increase, and increase until BOTH sides are at exactly the same PSI.

It's the same with a car's air conditioning high and low side, when the system gets shut off, the high side bleeds into the low until BOTH sides are at the exact same PSI, anytime a car's a/c is not running, BOTH the high AND the low side sit at the SAME psi.

Yes, so long gas (air, freon, w/e) is flowing, no matter how slowly, pressures will equalize.

So if the tank contains 120 psi's of gas, then anything that has an opening sits at the same PSI.
Only once air is released from some place down the line does the PSI decrease inside of THAT line and at a rate proportional to the rate of release versus the rate of replenishment, meaning the faster air is released and the slower it is being replenished, the lower the PSI.
But truth be known if air is being released faster than it's being replenished it doesn't take long before there's almost no pressure.

There is no magic element to it that controls the pressure, regulators control air FLOW.

Richard Martin
01-31-2013, 02:53 AM
No, when one adjusts a standard regulator it merely opens and closes the passage hence it doesn't control the psi's, it controls the cfm's, look here... Shine a light in one end and look in the other, start regulating and watch that ball valve tell me it ain't so,

I'm not sure what kind of regulator you have but you can't see through mine. A true pressure regulator has a needle and seat similar to a carb. It has a diaphragm that operates the needle. There is a spring behind the diaphragm. The spring is adjustable (usually by turning a knob on air compressors) so it takes more and less pressure to overcome the spring strength.

Your statement that CFMs are controlled and not pressure is the exact opposite of the truth.

http://www.tescom-europe.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Tescom_UK/Tescom_Technical_Training_-_Pressure_Regulators_Explained_-_Ver1.1.pdf

Darryl G
01-31-2013, 02:54 AM
Question...what does a pressure regulator do? Think about it really hard. It's common for shops to have one compressor supplying air to multiple stations and each station will have a pressure regulator so they can adjust the pressure at the point of use for the tools they're using. Different tools have different maximum pressure ratings and using pressure regulators is how they deal with that. I doubt my $100 compressor has some fancy $50 valve on it...it's a standard pressure regulator...springs, seats, a diaphram...it's not a ball valve. Why would they put a pressure gauge on the freaking thing? There's one for the tank pressure and one for the regulator pressure. I can have 100 psi in the tank and adjust it down so that I only have 30 psi being fed to the hose. Really.

kawasaki guy
01-31-2013, 07:58 AM
Update: the dealer had a BRAND NEW tire for $18. He installed it on the rim for free, and still gave me the used one free.

I love Cody's Power Equipment....

jsslawncare
01-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

That's why the are labeled "trailer" and "passenger car" tires.

Richard Martin
01-31-2013, 09:30 AM
That's why the are labeled "trailer" and "passenger car" tires.

Exactly. Trailer tires are more than just an extra couple of plies though. They are designed to withstand the twisting forces that are placed on a tire. When you have a tandem axle trailer and make a turn, because the tires on the trailer aren't steerable, it literally has to drag the tires across the pavement to make a turn. This puts a huge side load on the tire.

orangemower
01-31-2013, 09:48 AM
Oh look at all the commotion over that puny little hairline tire GASH there
just use some duct tape and Fix-A-flat have you back up and running in no time at all.

True because a regulator doesn't actually stop the air from flowing past the set pressure, all it does is slow down the flow of air at any pressure, why they'd even call it a regulator is past my comprehension, an inline ball valve is all it is, the more expensive ones are built more like a faucet but ultimately it's more of a throttle or governor than anything else.

I do guess some manufacturers did call those devices governors, if memory serves me right.
They'll still allow the air pressure to equalize, if you have 100 psi in the tank you'll have 100 psi at the other end but the governor slows the flow, so for small tires like that you'd want to slow it down an awful lot, almost close the valve completely if you really want to play it safe otherwise you're not doing much of anything.

You don't have a clue. You should stop feeding BS to people on here. A regulator does just that, regulates the "pressure" not volume. A ball valve will only slow down the pressure just as you said but that's not what a regulator does by no means. You can have 100psi going to the regulator and have the regulator set at 10psi and that's all you'll get, 10psi. The only way it could be as you describe is if the regulator is bad. Sometimes it's better to look stupid and not say anything then it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

StanWilhite
01-31-2013, 05:11 PM
No, when one adjusts a standard regulator it merely opens and closes the passage hence it doesn't control the psi's, it controls the cfm's, look here... Shine a light in one end and look in the other, start regulating and watch that ball valve tell me it ain't so, now if the tank contains 120 psi then even if slowly but surely 120 psi is going to the other side, if you really want to test it put a gauge on the other side of that regulator and a stop on the air hose at the very end, then regulate to your heart's content and see if that gauge doesn't end up at the same exact PSI the tank's PSI is set to.

Why I know, I got two piggyback tanks and I'm telling you, no matter how regulated, even if I let out ALL the air and regulate it down to almost nothing the secondary tank still eventually ends up at the SAME pressure as the primary.

Maybe, and it's a big maybe but just MAYBE this one regulator here does what you speak of...
But this Ingersoll-Rand unit costs 50 dollars and I know for a fact MOST air setups don't have one of these, and still I wouldn't guarantee it actually controls the PSI's any better than the 2 dollar ones do.

Sorry, but if you had ever operated a pneumatic (air) nailer, you'd know your post is wrong.

Without the regulator there would be no control of how hard it shot the nails. By adjusting the regulator, you control the pressure at which the nail is driven. This prevent's it from either being not driven in enough (left sticking out), or driven all of the way thru the board you're nailing (and completely out the other side).

LindblomRJ
02-01-2013, 12:06 AM

There is no regulator between the two tanks. So yes the pressure between the two will be equal.

An air pressure regulator does exactly that, it regulates the pressure of the air. It is not volume it controls it is pressure.

So I have an air tank with 120 PSI I have a hose from the tank (through the regulator) to an air tool that requires an air pressure of 80 PSI. My compressor has two gauges, a tank pressure guage and a output on the regulator. My regulator has a dial that I can control the output pressure. So using the guage on the regulator I set the pressure at 80 PSI.

To put it in simple terms the pressure from the tank into the compressor is 120 PSI. Through the mechanics of diaprams, springs and screws the output pressure is 80 PSI. The volume is more contigent on hose and fitting size.

Now on my compressor there is also a pressure switch that gives the command to start the motor to build pressure and a cut off level when 120 PSI is reached.

If you look at the two gauges you can totally grasp the concept of a pressure regulator. :rolleyes:

Darryl G
02-01-2013, 12:53 AM
And there should be a high pressure relief valve that acts as a safety as well, so if the pressure switch fails to turn off the compressor, the relief valve will open and vent the tank.

Tennesseepowerstroke
02-01-2013, 01:32 AM
If it is brand new and you have the receipt, you should be able to go where you bought it for a free replacement.

kawasaki guy
02-01-2013, 07:24 AM
It is not the compressers fault. it is my fault :laugh:

kawasaki guy
02-01-2013, 07:26 AM
If it is brand new and you have the receipt, you should be able to go where you bought it for a free replacement.

I paid $18 for a new tire. They installed it on the rim for free too. They also gave me a free used one.....

jsslawncare
02-01-2013, 08:40 AM
I'd try a can of fix-a-flat first. You may need two cans.

Darryl G
02-01-2013, 11:01 AM
It is not the compressers fault. it is my fault :laugh:
Come on, you're not new here. You know that has nothing to do with where the topic of conversation will go. The next thing you know we'll be discussing lowballers, DOT regulations or leaf mulching. :laugh:

Richard Martin
02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
I must be able to get my new truck in here somewhere but where would it fit????

Ahh, here we go, it'll fit right here.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/RMartin631/newchevy_zps31aa21c8.jpg

Patriot Services
02-01-2013, 11:34 AM
I've must be able to get my new truck in here somewhere but where would it fit????

Double dog dare you to post pic in every sub forum on here!
Posted via Mobile Device

Darryl G
02-01-2013, 11:44 AM
So what do you have there Richard? Silverado 1500 2wd in the 03 to 07 range? Looks to be in nice shape.

Richard Martin
02-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Double dog dare you to post pic in every sub forum on here!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah... I'm thinking the mods wouldn't take too kindly to that. But then, at least I'd know why those posts were removed. :confused:

So what do you have there Richard? Silverado 1500 2wd in the 03 to 07 range? Looks to be in nice shape.

2007. I'm thinking I'm going to take that mud flap off of the front. I don't much care for the way they look.

LindblomRJ
02-01-2013, 12:22 PM
I'd try a can of fix-a-flat first. You may need two cans.

A big jug of tire slime, might be better.

LindblomRJ
02-01-2013, 12:25 PM

Good looking Chevrolet.

Landrus2
02-01-2013, 12:29 PM

Nice truck soon it won't be that shiny:waving:

Darryl G
02-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah those mud flaps do look a bit strange, especially being only on the front. I used to run mud flaps on my old truck but kept ripping them off while snow plowing and backing over piles and such. I like the small molded OEM-type ones. Technically I think they call them splash guards. I have those on our Honda wagon.

RLS 2010
02-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah... I'm thinking the mods wouldn't take too kindly to that. But then, at least I'd know why those posts were removed. :confused:

2007. I'm thinking I'm going to take that mud flap off of the front. I don't much care for the way they look.

Take it over to Kawasaki Guy's place and let him put in the front tires, I guarantee he'll blow the mud flaps right off that thing! :laugh:

Richard Martin
02-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Nice truck soon it won't be that shiny:waving:

Why's that?

Darryl G
02-01-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm confused. I thought that headlight style was for 2003 to 2007 but there are trucks out there that are 2007s with the rectangular shaped headlights as well. Did they have different lights on different trim models that year or something? Personally I like those headlights...makes my truck look modern even though it's 10 years old and the lines match my Boss Power V XT plow when it's in the V position.

kawasaki guy
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Come on, you're not new here. You know that has nothing to do with where the topic of conversation will go. The next thing you know we'll be discussing lowballers, DOT regulations or leaf mulching. :laugh:

Richard Martin
02-01-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm confused. I thought that headlight style was for 2003 to 2007 but there are trucks out there that are 2007s with the rectangular shaped headlights as well. Did they have different lights on different trim models that year or something?

The story goes that in 2007 Chevrolet heard such an outcry over the loss of the Classic body style, that they decided to sell both the Classic and the NBS (new body style) at the same time. So you could get the same Silverado in 2 body styles in 2007. I suspect the truth is that they had a butt load of Classic body style parts left over and just decided to build them until they ran out of parts. The NBS has some fundamental differences from the Classic like a boxed frame so I don't know if they could build them both on the same assembly line.

CreativeLawncareSolutions
02-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Those mudflaps have got to go!

Darryl G
02-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Seems like a good place to get everyones take on Sunday's game too. So 9ers or Ravens? I think it's a pretty close call. :laugh:

Darryl G
02-01-2013, 03:37 PM
The story goes that in 2007 Chevrolet heard such an outcry over the loss of the Classic body style, that they decided to sell both the Classic and the NBS (new body style) at the same time. So you could get the same Silverado in 2 body styles in 2007. I suspect the truth is that they had a butt load of Classic body style parts left over and just decided to build them until they ran out of parts. The NBS has some fundamental differences from the Classic like a boxed frame so I don't know if they could build them both on the same assembly line.
Interesting........

CreativeLawncareSolutions
02-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Seems like a good place to get everyones take on Sunday's game too. So 9ers or Ravens? I think it's a pretty close call. :laugh:

I took the under when the line first came out. Last I saw the o/u was at 46.5...I'd still take the under.

I like the Ravens in a defensive struggle.

Bet the Ravens and the under.

hackitdown
02-01-2013, 03:47 PM

I think the situation is similar to Ford. The Silverados are built in several plants. They stop production at a plant to switch over to the new model. Then when that plant is running, they take another plant offline to switch, and so on.

Silverado/Sierras used to be assembled at: Fort Wayne, Oshawa, Silao, Pontiac, and Flint. I bet the list is different now.

They make a lot of trucks.