PDA

View Full Version : Grass on concrete

ANDREWS SNOWPLOWING & SER
01-27-2013, 02:34 PM
How or what do you guys do to get the grass off walk and drives? I do everything I can to stay off them when I am mowing, but somethimes I have to cross them or turn on them. And everytime I leave tracks of green behind. I think it looks ugly as hell and hate it. I have tried power blowing, sweeping with a broom and scraping with a shovel. I watch other compaines cross walks that are fulll of grass and not leave a mark. What am I doing wrong or what have I missed? :hammerhead: :usflag:

Exact Rototilling
01-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Bagging helps. I also use a string trimmer at an angle to reduce them to some degree. Could also use power brush attachment.

CreativeLawncareSolutions
01-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Meh...it happens. I think over a decade I've had 1 complaint about this. Sometimes it's literally unavoidable. If you have a little OCD in ya this can be very frustrating, though. I really don't think it's that big a deal at all, though.

richardcog
01-27-2013, 04:43 PM
It is not the grass that is marking the concrete it is the weeds in the lawn sell them weed control cause it is not your fault

CreativeLawncareSolutions
01-27-2013, 04:53 PM
It is not the grass that is marking the concrete it is the weeds in the lawn sell them weed control cause it is not your fault

It usually is the weeds. Sometimes in the spring the wet grass can be a pain to blow off too, though. I've never really had anyone complain. I doubt most people even look at their walks. Heck, I doubt most people even walk on their walks.

ReddensLawnCare
01-27-2013, 04:53 PM
It's the chlorophyll on your tires. The grass guts. It is worse when it is wet. Try not to let the grass cake up on your tires before you cross
Posted via Mobile Device

zechstoker
01-27-2013, 05:47 PM
If it's just a little bit, I scuff it off with my boot while going around with the blower. This isn't something I run into daily though, and not sure just how much grass you're having get stuck to the concrete.