PDA

View Full Version : Echo Bed Re-definer blade on Stihl?

locallawncare.ca
01-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Hello, wondering if an echo bed-redefiner blade would fit on a stihl edger? Granted the stihl has enough power to perform such a task. If anyone knows the center hole dimenesions or other variables, or if the Echo head would fit on a stihl shaft. I'm sure there are many people who are loyal to Stihl but are interested in this power head. Thanks.

gene gls
01-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Hello, wondering if an echo bed-redefiner blade would fit on a stihl edger? Granted the stihl has enough power to perform such a task. If anyone knows the center hole dimenesions or other variables, or if the Echo head would fit on a stihl shaft. I'm sure there are many people who are loyal to Stihl but are interested in this power head. Thanks.

When I used to run Stihl equ, it was designed different than any other on the market so you had to buy only Stihl parts.

Moose's Mowing
01-27-2013, 09:06 PM
i cut 2 old edger blades up and saved the bottom 3 inches or so. I pretty much cut the hole outta the blades. Then, I welded two piece to each end to make a triple wide blade. I staggered them to make "teeth" then balanced it best I could. It works pretty good for being free

woodlawnservice
01-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Post pics...please
Posted via Mobile Device

Deererunner
01-28-2013, 03:48 PM

I have been wondering the same thing, the like the echo, or at least the thought of it but I hear a lot of complaints about the lack of power. Last time I looked Into it, I believe it will fit. The echo blade is only 100 so if it doesn't work it's not like your out a lot of money.
Posted via Mobile Device

locallawncare.ca
01-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Very true, if the dealer has one I'll take a look and see if it will fit, that would save alot of money, stihl makes a bed edger, but the design is completely different then the echo and doesn't seem like it would work or leave a nice edge. You can also use a sidewalk edger but it would make a vertical edge which doesnt look the greatest.

Deererunner
01-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Very true, if the dealer has one I'll take a look and see if it will fit, that would save alot of money, stihl makes a bed edger, but the design is completely different then the echo and doesn't seem like it would work or leave a nice edge. You can also use a sidewalk edger but it would make a vertical edge which doesnt look the greatest.

Stihl makes a bed edger?? Is it new for the year or are you taking about a lawn(stick) edger? Forgive me, not trying to be rude but last time I checked they didn't but I am not the most up to date with stihl equipment.

Forgive me, I just checked out their website and see what your taking about. Yeah I do not think that it would be that affective. The echo would work better IMO or even a lawn edger.