PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Metro HP Belt Problem?

TopNotchLawnCare
01-27-2013, 10:15 PM
The other day I went to move the metro, put it in first gear and the mower just creeps along barely moving sometimes. Tried moving the lever to second gear same thing. I'm guessing it either needs a new drive belt, belt adjustment or maybe the park brake is sticking not allowing the wheels to move freely? However, I can manually move the mower without and problems.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Exmark PR
01-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Our first guess would be one of the drive belts needs to be adjusted (or replaced). We are including links to our Operator's and Parts manuals.
You'll find how to adjust the transmission drive belt (do this first), then check the tension on the wheels drive belts. If they are too loose, you'll need to replace them because the wheel drive belts are spring tensioned and there isn't an adjustment procedure.
Hope this help you out and if you have any other questions, please let us know by giving us a call at 1-800-667-5296.
Service Team
Exmark Manufacturing

http://exmark.com/pdfs/103-7195.pdf
http://exmark.com/pdfs/103-7194.pdf

piston slapper
01-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Good advice...and info...
Its nice to get some good solid repair advice from Exmark's service team...
Most OEM's usually chime in with generic advice and an 800 number to customer service..

As a tech that "cut my teeth" learning commercial mower repair at one of the largest Exmark dealers in the southeast...
It is a breath of fresh air to get positive input into this forum..from the company that has always been the leader in commercial mowers..

That aside....without more info...model and serial #..the only other advice I can offer is ...
Check your handle and brake adjustments...
On older units..the belt tension springs get weak..replacing them can perk up the traction ...

TopNotchLawnCare
01-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks to both of you for your help. I had some time today to look over the belts and found a very small rock stuck in the right wheel drive belt! Got that out then tested it out and it seams to be moving better now, but I still notice it kind of jumpy while moving sometimes.

Also, I should note that the right wheel drive belt fell off the pulley while testing, and I also checked the transmission belt to find a bit of play in the trans pulley and trans idler arm pulley. Is this normal? With all that said, do you think if I replaced both wheel drive belts that would solve my problems? This is my first time owning and operating a belt drive machine so I don't know much about them.

piston slapper
01-29-2013, 10:30 PM
TopNotch...check the PDFs...the handle adjustments...
Make sure that when the levers are fully released...there is a little slack in them..
If there is any tension on the levers from the belt springs...the springs will not fully tension the drive belts..