PDA

View Full Version : Dun and Bradstreet?

GreenGuysLC
01-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Wondering if anyone has bought into this? They call me all the time bit registering is like $800? Anyone tried this ? They claim businesses try to pull your rankings from them to determine your credibility. I know the government uses it as a verification process...
Posted via Mobile Device

patrick6411
01-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Wondering if anyone has bought into this? They call me all the time bit registering is like $800? Anyone tried this ? They claim businesses try to pull your rankings from them to determine your credibility. I know the government uses it as a verification process...
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't buy into it. You can get a D&B for free.

wegomow
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
I am pretty sure that the listing and D&B number is free. I know they monitor your business credit and charge for credibility reports for a fee. My other business is listed and they hounded us to purchase their services for years.

GreenGuysLC
01-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Thanks. That confirms or at least goes with what i thought
Posted via Mobile Device

xclusive
01-29-2013, 08:52 AM
How do you get the d&b number for free?

wegomow
01-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Just choose second option on the list here. http://mycredit.dnb.com/get-a-duns-number/

xclusive
01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Just choose second option on the list here. http://mycredit.dnb.com/get-a-duns-number/

Thank you. Is it worth getting a d & b number?

wegomow
01-29-2013, 10:40 AM
That's up to you. If you are a large LCO then maybe so. I haven't for the my lawn care business. I'm just a one man with a part time wife helper, sole proprietor. We did for our Photography Studio business back in the 90's. Don't think it really made a difference. We just thought it made us look good on paper.

PaperCutter
01-29-2013, 11:15 AM
I don't remember the details, but I had to have a d&b number either when I was getting registered as a SWAM business, registering to do business with the state, or to do business with the federal gov't. Don't recall exactly because I did all three at the same time.

GreenGuysLC
01-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Usgovt requires it to do any business with them. Kinda a verification to make sure you are legit.
Posted via Mobile Device

snomaha
01-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

We paid $450 for access to upload trade references because an RFP required us to do so - no opinion on whether the juice is worth the squeeze.

jrs.landscaping
01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Where do they get their info? I did a google search of the business the other day and saw D&B had a report, but some of the dates/numbers were off?