PDA

View Full Version : Job trailer + snow

site
02-04-2003, 04:08 PM
I was working around the shop today and needed something from the enclosed job trailer. I stpped inside and realized the roof was collapsing! There was about two feet of wet snow on the top, and that was heavy enough to cave the roof in. The next thing I did was shovel all the snow off the roof, and will continue to do so after every storm. Fixing the roof ought to be a fun project...

bob
02-04-2003, 09:18 PM
Wow! I never heard of that happening on an enclosed trailer. Just how bad is it damaged? Will it leak now?

site
02-05-2003, 07:14 PM
THe roof was pushed down about 1' from where it belongs in the center. It was leaking thruogh the skylights when I went in- actually thats what snapped me out of my happy go lucky haze. Once all the snow was shoveled off I went bach inside and did a military press against the ceiling, and was able to push it back up about 8" I stopped there, and plan to take it to the trailer sales place down the road to see what they think. Having broken and bent many tools and vehicles (but never an enclosed trailer until now) my educated guess would be $5-600 to fix.

brentsawyer
02-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Don't have an enclosed trailer but if its aluminum, don't touch it, Bending it back or any aluminum is a bad idea without heating it.