PDA

View Full Version : Turfgrass Nutrient Management Symposium

Landscape Poet
01-30-2013, 10:27 AM
http://training.ifas.ufl.edu/research/turfgrass_nutrient_symp2013/index.html

Some interesting info here and there if you sit through the presentations thought I would share

fl-landscapes
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Couldn't play it on my iPad. My question is: are they still trying to convince us fertilizing during the winter dormancy period and not fertilizing when the grass is growing and needs nitrogen (summer time) is still a good idea? If so, it's a giant waste of time to watch. This whole fertilizer ordinance is going to do nothing besides cause thin lawns, and more pollution.

Landscape Poet
01-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Couldn't play it on my iPad. My question is: are they still trying to convince us fertilizing during the winter dormancy period and not fertilizing when the grass is growing and needs nitrogen (summer time) is still a good idea? If so, it's a giant waste of time to watch. This whole fertilizer ordinance is going to do nothing besides cause thin lawns, and more pollution.

They talk about the ban - what is covered that I specifically like is one of the speakers covered the types of N ....how it was delivered and how much was delivered in slow release form. He went on to say more than once that delivering a lb of N in some forms will not show the response and again later that actually front loading knowing the form of N and how it will not leach essentially might be the correct thing to do for the customer. Nothing mind blowing but interesting enough for to watch when you have some time.