PDA

View Full Version : New iPad

Above Par Lawns
01-30-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm wondering who else out there uses an iPad for their business. I just picked one up yesterday for personal use but am going to use it for my business as well. I've searched some threads on here but everything was pretty old. Do you recommend any good apps That you have found useful? I did find an app that will let me track my mileage and vehicle maintenance that will come in handy. I use QuickBooks Pro 2002 which I know is pretty outdated but I got the disc for free from my in-laws and they have ran their business on it for many years. It is not compatible with the iPad so I'm not really sure what to do. Anybody's input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Above Par Lawns
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
I thought I might add something I found that I dislike about it so far. I went ahead and bought the $100 OtterBox cover to protect the iPad but found out that with the cover on, it won't allow my PayPal card reader to be inserted all all the way. I guess that's nothing major but it is kind of a pain in the ass.

Oxmow
01-30-2013, 12:14 PM
I thought I might add something I found that I dislike about it so far. I went ahead and bought the $100 OtterBox cover to protect the iPad but found out that with the cover on, it won't allow my PayPal card reader to be inserted all all the way. I guess that's nothing major but it is kind of a pain in the ass.

Sounds like you need a Dremel tool!

LindblomRJ
01-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Pages and Numbers are must haves. One for documents and the other for spreadsheets. Those are great starting points. I use numbers for vehicle logs, service and fuel and mileage.

Above Par Lawns
01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Pages and Numbers are must haves. One for documents and the other for spreadsheets. Those are great starting points. I use numbers for vehicle logs, service and fuel and mileage.

Is it just a one time fee of $10 for each of those apps?

deschampsbrothers
01-30-2013, 01:54 PM
I use the techo bloc app, you can hold the iPad in your hands and walk around any area and get the sq ft instantly without having to measure anything. Which is very nice in front of customers. i also add customers information right in front of them during the first meeting.The app allows you to store the measurements under a customers name which can be saved til you get back and type up the estimate. It is made to tell you exactly what you need material wise for doing patios or retaining walls but I use it for everything from measuring mulch beds, a row of hedges I have to prune or even a whole lawn. You can even send material order to a local techo bloc dealer for ordering. Techo is a little more money but its like anything else, you pay for what you get. You will have to download the app and mess around with it but its very straight forward, and its free

Landrus2
01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Dam you can't up load pictures to lawnsite from iPad:waving:

Above Par Lawns
01-30-2013, 02:05 PM
I didn't know I couldn't upload a picture. That sucks. Because Lawnsite is outdated?

Above Par Lawns
01-30-2013, 02:06 PM
It just let me.

LindblomRJ
01-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Is it just a one time fee of $10 for each of those apps?

Yup. Save your files to iCloud and access them from your computer in the office

Above Par Lawns
01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Yup. Save your files to iCloud and access them from your computer in the office

Thank you! What do you use for routing and scheduling?

Landrus2
01-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Thank you! What do you use for routing and scheduling?

I just took picture of my truck and can't up load from iPad

LandFakers
01-30-2013, 02:37 PM
I just took picture of my truck and can't up load from iPad
I upload photos onto photobucket and use that to put pics on here

Landrus2
01-30-2013, 02:41 PM
I upload photos onto photobucket and use that to put pics on here

From iPad Where is photo bucket

LindblomRJ
01-30-2013, 02:43 PM

Either download the app or email it to your photobucket account.

LandFakers
01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Download the photobucket app from the app store. Open the app and create your account. Hit upload images and upload the images into your photobucket album. Once that is done click on the photo you want, then click the little link icon and click in the one that says "IMGcode". It will automatically be copied onto your iPad and then go onto lawnsite. In your post just hold down on the text box for a second and hit paste. Pretty simple

Rick Grantham
01-30-2013, 09:32 PM
I have gotten a lot of use out of the dropbox app to store and share my files. In addition, if you have a website, many of the social apps like FB, Twitter, LinkedIn are good. But mostly I just use the Mail, and Dropbox.

Rick

Above Par Lawns
01-31-2013, 12:42 AM
Is there an app that will let you create a service agreement that the customer could sign on the iPad, make a payment then email to them right on the spot?

Landrus2
01-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Night bump

nightshutter
02-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Is there an app that will let you create a service agreement that the customer could sign on the iPad, make a payment then email to them right on the spot?

This would be ideal.

downtoearthlco
02-01-2013, 07:49 PM
for payments I use square and you can email the customer a receipt on the spot and if you have the printer app I believe you can print it out right there.