PDA

View Full Version : Property Preservation Co: Surety Lending Solutions

EastMSLawn
01-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Has anyone worked with Surety Lending Solutions (national property preservation company) as a vendor? If so, please share your experience. They have secured contracts on large number of foreclosures in my area and am considering providing lawn care for vacant properties.

RMLC_BZN
01-30-2013, 11:41 PM
I don't think I worked with that exact company but I did some bids for a similar company last year. You had to take like 15 pictures every time you mowed a property to document that you were there and then you had to upload them to their web site. I probably spent just as much time taking and uploading pictures as I did mowing most of the properties. On the other hand if you need work they probably have a lot of it and they always paid on time. For me it wasn't worth the extra hassle.

mikeclfc
02-03-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't think I worked with that exact company but I did some bids for a similar company last year. You had to take like 15 pictures every time you mowed a property to document that you were there and then you had to upload them to their web site. I probably spent just as much time taking and uploading pictures as I did mowing most of the properties. On the other hand if you need work they probably have a lot of it and they always paid on time. For me it wasn't worth the extra hassle.

I contracted for them, thy are based out of Louisiana and have a good bit of work, I had issue with payments, they sent me
Checks on time but there was always a number of orders missing. And when you stop contracting for them they hold your money for 90 days. Kind of a cowboy run company in my opinion. There 2 or 3 Guys and 2 or 3 office girls running the whole thing. They do pay but you have to double check everything. Thy have vey strict picture requirements and will send you back for missing a picture of a for sale
Sign! Theyre always advertising on Craigslist which tell me something- That's just my opinion
Posted via Mobile Device

EastMSLawn
02-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks for input! I was concerned about payment issues and had not been able to get a straight answer from them. The area I service was hit very hard by housing bubble bust and has an immense number of foreclosures. Just wanted to get a better feel for the company before signing on as a vendor.

When orders were left out of the checks, would you be paid for them if contacted them and corrected the oversight or did you have to forego payment on these?

Thanks again.

mikeclfc
02-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks for input! I was concerned about payment issues and had not been able to get a straight answer from them. The area I service was hit very hard by housing bubble bust and has an immense number of foreclosures. Just wanted to get a better feel for the company before signing on as a vendor.

When orders were left out of the checks, would you be paid for them if contacted them and corrected the oversight or did you have to forego payment on these?

Thanks again.

I would fill out a payment discrepancy list, some I would get paid without question ad others they would come up with a bs excuse like oh the grass had only grown 3inches ago that's considered limited growth when the work order said nothing about not to cut if grass height is such and such, but then you don't cut and get charged a late fee for not submitting on time. They have a lot of different clients who all have different rules and they don't really make that clear to you
Posted via Mobile Device

mikeclfc
02-03-2013, 02:44 PM
I would fill out a payment discrepancy list, some I would get paid without question ad others they would come up with a bs excuse like oh the grass had only grown 3inches ago that's considered limited growth when the work order said nothing about not to cut if grass height is such and such, but then you don't cut and get charged a late fee for not submitting on time. They have a lot of different clients who all have different rules and they don't really make that clear to you
Posted via Mobile Device

I ended up getting a lot back was down about 200-300 after all said and done
Posted via Mobile Device

dhardin53
02-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Most not all of these type of companies pray upon guys needing work. Their have a huge program to get work from banks and foreclosed property. many will charge a flat rate to the bank and get rich if they can stiff the guy doing the work. They don't get involved unless the local bank, or complaining neighbor complains an see you dong anything that looks wrong. (even if it is not) The bank will call these companies and the poor guy doing the work get stiffed. If you want to work all summer to keep 6 or 8 salesmen and accountants making better money than you, go work for them I will not.

CreativeLawncareSolutions
02-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Most not all of these type of companies pray upon guys needing work. Their have a huge program to get work from banks and foreclosed property. many will charge a flat rate to the bank and get rich if they can stiff the guy doing the work. They don't get involved unless the local bank, or complaining neighbor complains an see you dong anything that looks wrong. (even if it is not) The bank will call these companies and the poor guy doing the work get stiffed. If you want to work all summer to keep 6 or 8 salesmen and accountants making better money than you, go work for them I will not.

Grass is grass. Money is money. What you're saying isn't making much sense. Should someone sit at home and do nothing before working for these companies?

mikeclfc
02-03-2013, 06:24 PM
I have several contracts with reputable companies in this business and at least 2 of them are worth way more than any commercial contract I could get or want to get l. I have enough work to run 3-4 crews full time from march to December and get a check every week without Fail. The only downside is there is a lot of office work to go with it but even with hiring someone to handle that it is still very profitable.. You just have to watch out for these in between companies who play at being a big company. They are the people who will stiff you!
Posted via Mobile Device

herler
02-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Personally I think it's a bit much for a solo but with only one helper it would be peaches, one starts cutting while the other takes pictures, you'd be surprised how long taking 20-30 pictures takes, bring spare batteries, then grab a trimmer, the other guy gets done mowing and blows down, back to the camera and done.

Seriously, it's not the kind of work that pays for folks to stripe it all fancy criss-cross and puckered up lips smooching up on some customer's butt, time to forget the nonsense, folks need to get in, do the job and get out, don't forget the details and you should be good.

mikeclfc
02-03-2013, 06:48 PM
That's exactly what we do I have 2 guys to a truck one starts taking pics while the other one unloads, he starts cutting in front while the guy is finishing the pics in back, he think grabs trimmer edges drives and fence lines as foundation the guy on the mower blows off front while the guy trims in the back. 15-20 mins in and out. As long as its 2" or less and all edges and blown off you've done a good job! Theyll knock out 18-23 a day depending on driving distances. Who the hell cares how good it looks as long as the customer is happy and your making money, inhale seperste residential and commercial customer were quality obviously does matter but I honestly make way more per hour doing foreclosure grass cuts.
Posted via Mobile Device

dhardin53
02-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Foreclosure and abandoned property is a big part of my business as well, as been for many years. I work for the bank or the city that enforces the code violations. There are no middle men i have to deal with. My experience shows I make more money dealing direct.

EastMSLawn
02-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Foreclosure and abandoned property is a big part of my business as well, as been for many years. I work for the bank or the city that enforces the code violations. There are no middle men i have to deal with. My experience shows I make more money dealing direct.
Thanks for your input. Who do you contact at bank to discuss lawn maintenance for foreclosure properties? Also, through the bank, do you receive work orders or do you simply enter a contract a supply lawn service for X amount of time? Thanks again.

bfdast
05-01-2013, 09:08 PM
I just started with SLS and will see how it goes. In my area there is so many hacks that I have been cutting 2 yards for a year. Im a firefighter with a new family and wife in school so advertising wasnt much. I hope to have better luck with this. My plans is to have myself and 1 guy this year, buy newer equipment and truck, then in a year or 2 if its still going good ill hire 2 more to do them and try to focus more on getting contract work.

herler
05-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Yes but what a pita load of paper work with pictures and all the BS involved for all that if I need a ton of work it's a whole lot easier I just lowball everything badly.

Green Finger
05-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Get with the companies that have been around. Don't sign with the new ones. Because they will try and low-ball you on your yards. Then when you don't produce, they will charge the money back and take it from your check. You also have to keep all your insurance current. GL and Workmans Comp. Have a good mix of accounts

Greg78
05-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Personally I think it's a bit much for a solo but with only one helper it would be peaches, one starts cutting while the other takes pictures, you'd be surprised how long taking 20-30 pictures takes, bring spare batteries, then grab a trimmer, the other guy gets done mowing and blows down, back to the camera and done.

Seriously, it's not the kind of work that pays for folks to stripe it all fancy criss-cross and puckered up lips smooching up on some customer's butt, time to forget the nonsense, folks need to get in, do the job and get out, don't forget the details and you should be good.

Too much walking. Guy on mower takes all pictures.