PDA

View Full Version : Spring Letter to Clients

JContracting
01-31-2013, 03:39 AM
I wish it wasnt 1:30am when I come up with these ideas, but, what do you guys include in your letter in the spring that you send to clients? I'm trying to get as many as possible to sign on for full service maint and a good amt just had my company do snow, fall clean up, or aerating, etc. and I want to upsell as much as possible. If some of you guys prefer, maybe post up your letter.
Posted via Mobile Device

kirkmbrown2001
01-31-2013, 08:18 AM
I wish it wasnt 1:30am when I come up with these ideas

Often, I find many of my good ideas come to mind when i'm trying to sleep! :laugh:

As far as the letter, I don't know if I would include prices for a full service agreement on paper. That may give them sticker shock. I would definitely list all of your services and list the benefits of each one. I would highly recommend meeting customers to see what they want so you can give them a better tailored agreement and price. If you meet in person, you can also sell the value of your services more than the price. Just my opinion, others may think differently.

xclusive
01-31-2013, 08:58 AM
I wish it wasnt 1:30am when I come up with these ideas, but, what do you guys include in your letter in the spring that you send to clients? I'm trying to get as many as possible to sign on for full service maint and a good amt just had my company do snow, fall clean up, or aerating, etc. and I want to upsell as much as possible. If some of you guys prefer, maybe post up your letter.
Posted via Mobile Device

The letter depends on if I have them on auto renewal or yearly renewal. If its auto renewal then I send a simple letter that states we will by starting in March and continue with the services they selected previously and if they want to add/change they must contaact me. For the ones I send out a yearly renewal to it allows them the option to pick and choose what services they want and I have all the prices listed to each service along with a description about the services offered.

JContracting
01-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Every other night it seems this happens! Right as I put my phone on silent and set it aside.

I'm just trying to put a letter together, in my mind, talking about the benefits of the services and whatnot. And I wasn't necessarily going to put prices on it except for what a full service maint contract cost starts at per month.

nightshutter
02-01-2013, 04:01 PM
I send renewal letters out every year. It's always good to try to up sell them and try and get some to prepay for the year. Pre pay gets them 10-15% off.

JContracting
02-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Would you mind pm'ing a copy to me?
Posted via Mobile Device

nightshutter
02-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Sure when I get on my computer. It's a real simple one, just a paragraph I email them

JContracting
02-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Oh you just email them? I have constant contact on my website's email acct and was thinking of creating something with that.
Posted via Mobile Device

nightshutter
02-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Yes, I do everything through email. Less paper and I always have it on my computer. That has saved me a few times..... "Remember you said"........

JContracting
02-01-2013, 10:37 PM
That is very true.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rick Grantham
02-02-2013, 09:50 PM
JContracting-

Why don't the good ideas ever come in the middle of the day :)

I have been researching this topic quite a bit lately. May eventually put together a report on it. Anyway, during my research, I found these links on the subject (including Forbes Magazine) Do's and Don'ts, etc.

http://www.taradel.com/resourcecenter/direct-mail-marketing/direct-mail-for-small-businesses/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/loisgeller/2012/08/03/the-ridiculously-inexpensive-magic-of-direct-mail-letters/
http://www.nfib.com/business-resources/business-resources-item?cmsid=60624

Good luck to you
Rick

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-03-2013, 09:34 PM
My spring letters are auto renewals and say the same thing as my fall auto renewals said. Basically the intent on two mailings is to avoid customers saying "why are you on my lawn again, I didn't ask for any service and you didn't tell me you were coming back". Baloney

At the bottom, I make a mention of a featured service or two that I really want to upsell. I do not price but rather advise to call me if interested in an estimate.

JContracting
02-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Would you mind sharing that DA?
Also, I notice you now have an enclosed trailer in your sig, how do you like it? I'm looking into buying one of the same size. How is the fit with everything in it and do you have racks for handhelds?

JContracting
02-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Very interesting articles Rick. Thanks.

KG26
02-08-2013, 11:24 PM
I wish my customers prepaid that's a lot of scratch I'd be in good shape for the next winter season.

205mx
02-08-2013, 11:35 PM
15% off!!! Holy cow!

JContracting
02-09-2013, 04:18 AM
Via my website I'm offering 20% off the first month's services on a full service landscape maint contract if they sign up by Apr 1st. That's as far as ill go with discounts. Maybe a discounted clean up or aeration but we'll see.
Posted via Mobile Device

nightshutter
02-09-2013, 10:21 AM
I discount a prepay for the season. They can prepay on anything for the season. Fert, mulch, clean ups whatever. It really helps bring in the business. Don't really notice the discount because it lands me more work with that customer and I don't have to bill as much. Money is in the bank already.