PDA

View Full Version : pull behind atv rough cutting

grass disaster
01-31-2013, 01:23 PM
i'm looking for a mower i can pull behind my atv.

looking to cut grass 24" to 8"

want to use it for field/ditch mowing and also around the farm for various mowing.

thinking either 40-60 just seeing whats out there.

i'm guessing the 2 blade ones would handle the tall stuff better.

orangemower
01-31-2013, 02:29 PM
I'd say a small tractor with a brush cutter on the back would be better. You'll be fueling two engines using the atv. If that's not an issue, check out Land Pride stuff.

Mikegyver
01-31-2013, 03:25 PM
I have an older bush hog brand one with a honda engine on it. I'm not very happy with it. I'd much rather have a small tractor.

hdtvluvr
01-31-2013, 06:33 PM
My neighbor tried a pull behind with his atv and found he had to go so slow that the atv would overheat and shut off.
Posted via Mobile Device

grass disaster
01-31-2013, 09:02 PM
My neighbor tried a pull behind with his atv and found he had to go so slow that the atv would overheat and shut off.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a liquid cooled atv. That won't be a problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mikegyver
01-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Definitively don't get a single blade one...those big blades are hard to come by. And most of them cut 6-8" tops, nothing higher.

dhardin53
02-01-2013, 12:55 PM
These guys are just a few miles away from me. I have met the owner and designer, good people. It is very well made and if your serious about a pull behind there is no better.

I use pull behinds for over 18 years now. I have custom fabricated 2 units, and adapted a Swisher 60" with a 20hp to my application.

The Kunz would be the best unit from what little i know of your application.

http://www.kunzeng.com/

psdnate
04-10-2013, 07:35 PM
I have a quad boss pull behind rough rut mower. I think it's made by swisher. I've had it for a few years and is a good machine. The adjustable tongue is the week link though. It has break away blades on it. I took over doing a property that a guy was doing with a tractor. The property has some pretty step hills. I can do some of the hills he couldn't. Some I need 4x4 on and some are that steep I wont take the atv on. I pull it with an 08 honda foreman. I have never had a problem with it over heating or anything.

ztman
04-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Swisher pull behind is good for the job. I have had three of the 44" finish mowers. The rough cut version is more like a bush hog. All depends on what you are cutting but they are priced decent. I get mine at tractor supply. You can find them on cragislist, but pricing and condition are all over the board