PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a bid

H & M Yard Improvements
01-31-2013, 01:37 PM
Good day all. I have a question for the experienced pros on this. I normally do residential lawns etc but today I recieved an email for a commercial maintenance job for a supermarket. This would obviously be a first for me and im not quite sure how to go about bidding on this (as far as pricing etc). Obviously I will be going to take a look at it with my own eyes. They included a blueprint of the property plus a list of what they are looking to have done for the season. I wanted to get some advise on how to go about this. I dont want to over price it and at the same time i do not want to under bid and cheat myself. Just some sort of guidance so that I can have a general idea in my head of how to start putting my bid together (if that made any sense to anyone lol). I am attatching the layout of the property plus the list of what they want done. Any help from seasoned pros that have experience with this kind of bidding would be greatly appreciated. I thank you all in advance.

The files are Microsoft Word and blue prints are in PDF format.

Landrus2
01-31-2013, 01:40 PM
We need more info the link is not working

H & M Yard Improvements
01-31-2013, 01:41 PM
I couldnt upload the word file so i copied and pasted instead.

Invoicing – A signed and/or store stamped document (by the location) shall be submitted with invoicing to show proof of work. The final invoice for the season should be received prior to November 25.

Weed Control - Price per occurrence
This includes spraying any weeds that may appear along the building, cracks of sidewalks, around light posts, islands, planting beds, fences, guardrails, etc. The entire property should be patrolled every two weeks and weeds removed/sprayed.

Mowing Price for Weekly Occurrence with first mowing to be completed by April 20– Mowing season shall not begin prior to April 1 and as of November 15. Mowing will occur on a minimum of every 7 days. Trash, branches, and other undesirable materials will be picked up prior to mowing of the grounds and disposed of by mowing contractor.

All contractors must report to the customer service desk before starting any work. This will allow the store management to report any outstanding issues before mowing or landscaping begins. When completed, report to the service desk, and get a signed “form 90” (or have the service desk sign your paperwork). You will need your signed/stamped paperwork (or the “form 90”) to be submitted with your invoicing (this is your proof of work).

Maintenance of Basins, Fields, Septic Areas, Guiderails, Embankments & Drainage Ditches – Price per occurrence (separate from weekly mowing pricing)
Basins, drainage fields, septic mounds, embankments and fields are to be cut to a finish height of 4” every 4 weeks in wet conditions and every six weeks when drought/dry conditions prevail. This includes all fencing areas, around all guiderails, either side of waterways and drainage ditches.

Spring Cleanup/Fertilizing – to be completed by April 30 – One Price for five services.
· Weed and Edging - use spade to ensure that all grass borders around tree rings and planting beds to have clear difference between mulch and grass areas.
· Spring Trimming- Trim small evergreen trees to remain small evergreen trees, trim all shrubs to keep them at a manageable level. If branches or shrubs are blocking store signage or driver’s view, this needs to addressed and note in pricing.
· Mulching – Remove all weeds, turn existing mulch, and add new mulch. Mulch in all areas to be at the 3” depth after new mulch is applied. Mulch should be close to but not touching the tree trunk.
· Fertilizer for Shrubs and Trees - While mulching, please apply plant/tree/shrub appropriate fertilizer in conjunction with the spring clean up.
· Lawn Fertilizer Application – Fertilizer with weed and feed control to be applied in early spring to all lawn areas.

Plant and Tree Replacement – Price per occurrence.
· Dead Trees, Plants, Shrubs - Please make note of any dead or missing plants, shrubs, etc. and indicate pricing to remove and replace with like planting. i.e. Burning bush replace with same specie, Bradford pear tree replaced with Bradford Pear, etc. All quotes will be e-mailed to the appropriate account manager at Shields Facilities Maintenance (to be determined if/when account is awarded).
Fall Cleanup – One time price
· Fall trimming of trees and shrubs to maintain manageable height and visibility. Also, trimming of decorative grasses, and cutting back perennial plants. Cleanup of leaves, sticks and other trash and debris.

jrs.landscaping
01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Price it at your normal rates. Use your set rates for the services they are asking for.

H & M Yard Improvements
01-31-2013, 04:33 PM
Bump!
Posted via Mobile Device

THORNTON SERVICES LLC
01-31-2013, 04:47 PM
My advice , make shure you have all the required licenses for the work they are requesting , then at that point you will need to visit the location and set some prices , its going to be hard to price off a blueprint , the hills and condition of the turf is not stated. Price a little high to make shure you cover your costs for everything , i always hated these type of accounts where you have to go in and get a invoice signed every week , alot of talking , and in my past experience these type of accounts take a ton of time , so i would just bid a little high to make shure you do not lose. My opinion though.

Curcioslawn
01-31-2013, 04:50 PM
Hey H&M we must work close together I mow the Wendy's in front of Weiss in Franklin just be careful with the catch basins they are real rocky and with heavy rain they fill with garbage so just make sure you inflate your price on that end of it very easy to lose money on that one. Best of luck on your bidding!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

jrs.landscaping
01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
$18,000 is my sight unseen guesstimate based on comperable properties I do.

Landrus2
01-31-2013, 05:04 PM
OK my numbers are in bid low $26,879.00 that includes all services.:weightlifter: