PDA

View Full Version : Super WB question

oldman
02-04-2003, 05:03 PM
The announcement of the new Super WB's listed larger tires. Larger in overall diameter or just taller sidewalls on a smaller wheel? I tried to compare to the pictures of the regular WB in a brochure, but I could't tell. Also, I was wondering if the track has changed? The wheels seem to be a long way out from the frame.:blob3:

mowerconsultant
02-05-2003, 11:08 AM
I should have all the final specs onthe Super WB in a few days, I will post the answers to your questions then.
I want to give you the right info, not the guessed info, so hang tight and we will have it for you soon

Thanks
Pj

oldman
02-05-2003, 03:13 PM
OK, I'm hangin'..... :cry:

oldman
03-12-2003, 10:39 AM
I was just wondering when we might see the specs. for the SWB's?

mowerconsultant
03-12-2003, 06:52 PM
I am attaching a Adobe pdf document that details everything, this info was just released today, sorry for the delay..........

Later
Pj

John Gamba
03-12-2003, 07:35 PM
PJ Wheres The 27 Kohler-60" SUPER WALK.
John.

mowerconsultant
03-12-2003, 08:05 PM
I have no info on it yet, we have never had a 60" walk behind, so I am sure they are designing and possibly testing a deck in the near future......

Later
Pj

John Gamba
03-13-2003, 06:02 AM
Ok Thank You. So It Is In the work's?.
I Have Had alot Of Them If You Need Help Just Call.
John gamba

oldman
03-13-2003, 02:48 PM
Yes, thanks for posting the specs. I have compared the specs. to the ones for the regular WB and I have some questions. The tire to tire width has been increased from 43.5" to 48". What is the benefit? Also the trim capacity is listed the same? Maybe I don't understand how that is measured, but it seems that trim cap. would decrease as the track increased? Lastly, I thought that the larger tires might translate into a higher ground speed. Is that adjusted down at the speed control?

Doc Pete
03-16-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by oldman
Yes, thanks for posting the specs. I have compared the specs. to the ones for the regular WB and I have some questions. The tire to tire width has been increased from 43.5" to 48". What is the benefit? Also the trim capacity is listed the same? Maybe I don't understand how that is measured, but it seems that trim cap. would decrease as the track increased? Lastly, I thought that the larger tires might translate into a higher ground speed. Is that adjusted down at the speed control?

Though not a Super WB, my Machine is very close to the new Super WB. First, with user adjustable linkage for the hydro pumps, and the larger wheels, the Hustler should be capable of 5 to 10 mph, with the default “high-end” setting at 8/8.5mph. Mine is clocked at a true 9.6 mph with very soft tire pressure (5 lb.) . As far as the wider track, I’ve found, compared to the stock machine, it gives a better cut and basically eliminates “side scalping”.
Concerning the deck overhang, I think it’s obvious that a machine with a track almost the same as the width of the cut, doesn’t have much overhang. However, I just don’t understand the need for overhang anyway. Overhang doesn’t make trimming easier, since you still have to weed whack. For me, the only time overhang helps is when trimming an “edged” flower bed. And, when I do encounter this I just let the big, wide tires “overhang” the bed and few inches, then cut the vertical of the bed edge with the weed whacker. I hope this helps.
Pete

Artman
03-17-2003, 09:27 AM
My bad. The trim capacity should have been adjusted. What mowerconsultant posted is a set of preliminary specs. We will correct that mistake on the final version. Thanks for spotting that.

oldman
03-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Thanks all for the info. FWIW I mow along a drop off and an overhang allows me to mow over the edge without falling in.

Doc Pete
03-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by oldman
Thanks all for the info. FWIW I mow along a drop off and an overhang allows me to mow over the edge without falling in.

Yes...... Nothing's perfect. I spent a bit of time picking out the best weed whacker for me, just in case. Oh, the wider stance also improves zero turning, by increasing the wheel's turning diameter, which lessens each wheel from pivoting in it's own space. Also, because the wheels must travel a greater distance to make a 180 degree pivot, the turn is a little slower with the degree of accuracy for pivoting without divoting improved.
Pete