PDA

View Full Version : Monthly maintenance prepay 5% discount or Credit Card auto billing and get dinged fee

Exact Rototilling
02-01-2013, 04:29 PM
To me for client's billed same amount every month why not have them trained to prepay monthly and give them a 5% discount vs using SAP and process at the end of the month and get dinged a fee by the CC processing Co.....?
Posted via Mobile Device

grandview (2006)
02-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Why not just bump everyone up 5%? Then take the hit.

Exact Rototilling
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Why not just bump everyone up 5%? Then take the hit.

Yeah I see your point but I rather a avoid the entire CC thing and train my clients on a monthly prepay... To get 5% off vs letting the CC Co. Force me through hoops then loosing 2-5% anyhow....?

The other factor is people are so miserly here and always looking for an intro special or bargain deal. The older fixed income ones tend to be worse.

Perception is everything or close to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

cps
02-05-2013, 06:59 PM
We offer a 10% discount for customers that pay in full for the season.

Exact Rototilling
02-05-2013, 07:02 PM
We offer a 10% discount for customers that pay in full for the season.

I'm seriously considering doing that for a few accounts.

Do you bundle services such as fert, weed control and other extras beyond mowing...? PM if you prefer.

:waving:
Posted via Mobile Device

larryinalabama
02-05-2013, 07:07 PM
If they would prepay with cash I might give a little discount, 5% can add up. 2 % would be a lot better.

cps
02-05-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm seriously considering doing that for a few accounts.

Do you bundle services such as fert, weed control and other extras beyond mowing...? PM if you prefer.

:waving:
Posted via Mobile Device

We offer a customized service plan for each property. Most only include Spring/Fall Cleanups and weekly or biweekly mowing. Any additional services are just billed out monthly.

Exact Rototilling
02-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Regardless of how it's sliced or diced. I'm looking to reduce my time spent billing since I'm expanding operations here a solid 40%+.

So what exactly is the credit card fee these days...? I may still sign up for smartphone card reader but I'd rather give.the discount of 5% to the client.
Posted via Mobile Device

ELS Landscape
02-05-2013, 07:15 PM
When it is all said in done, giving up 5% to the banks or the client is tough to cover and be competitive. People want to use CC for miles, points or convenience.

I have been told the high rates are because of the reward programs. Banks advertise low rates but if they pay via quickbooks or some other on-line system it is keyed in = bump in rate and if a reward card = bump in rate.

I am still trying to find a way to work around this so let me know.

I am liking the Intuit Payment Network (IPN) as it is only 50 cents per transaction. Thinking long and hard about dropping the CC all together.

cps
02-05-2013, 07:17 PM
We use Gopayments as it links with my Quickbooks I believe the rate is 1.7%

ELS Landscape
02-05-2013, 07:22 PM
We use Gopayments as it links with my Quickbooks I believe the rate is 1.7%

Someone has to be there to give you the card with Gopayments?
Not very helpful unless I want to go around and collect.

larryinalabama
02-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Regardless of how it's sliced or diced. I'm looking to reduce my time spent billing since I'm expanding operations here a solid 40%+.

So what exactly is the credit card fee these days...? I may still sign up for smartphone card reader but I'd rather give.the discount of 5% to the client.
Posted via Mobile Device

I charge by the week and leave a bill the last time I service the property that month.

It doesnt take long, you could simple list your customers on paper and copy it a few times and just put the amount and check # when you get paid. I carried 65 accounts in my last business and had very few mistakes, now I only have 18 acounts and can kppe everything in my head althought I still write it down.

cps
02-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Someone has to be there to give you the card with Gopayments?
Not very helpful unless I want to go around and collect.

You don't have to have the card, we just keep a copy on file and process it at the end of the month.

ELS Landscape
02-05-2013, 07:32 PM
You don't have to have the card, we just keep a copy on file and process it at the end of the month.

You can do that with the standard intuit merchant account but you have to have a signed agreement for auto billing.

I can also just key in the info. I have only done it once. I would be surprised if you actually get the 1.7% in long haul.

Exact Rototilling
02-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Wow 1.7% is low. I'd only offer cc payment if it also covers AMX and Discover. I'm not a fan of overseas customer service like AMX has but I typically funnel most purchases through my AMX card for rebates. Yeah it gets paid off every month fwiw.
Posted via Mobile Device