PDA

View Full Version : DIY Bagged products home delivery service

adam.neusbaum
02-01-2013, 05:13 PM
As much as I think I've got all the details sorted thru I always like to get a 2nd, 3rd & 4th opinion from all you experts.
I'm putting together a mobile landscape supply truck for D.I.Y. homeowners that want bagged mulch for example but don't want to haul it home in their car. I've sourced wholesale: Potting Soil, Planting Compost, Red Cypress mulch blend, Large & Mini Pine Bark. Is there anything else you might recommend I consider? I'm picturing my truck & enclosed trailer to be like a mobile landscape supply store. I'm fortunate to service a giant retirement golf community of 80,000+ residents & have had much success with the pinestraw bales home delivery aspect so far.
Thanks as always.

CreativeLawncareSolutions
02-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Bagged decorative rock, manure, etc...

Especially the rock, though. River rock, lava rock, etc...

knox gsl
02-01-2013, 10:52 PM
If you're talking about the area I think you are then it should do well. How much weight will your rig hold? I would think that a flat bed stake side would be the way to go. Load up with a fork lift in the morning and go with it. Are you driving around like the ice cream truck or are these pre made sales and you're just delivering?

adam.neusbaum
02-01-2013, 11:06 PM
As much as I admire the on-demand ice-cream truck sales opportunity scenario the practicality rest on scheduled deliveries. I certainly could test the waters by offering a small selection now. Reminds me of the old-time traveling salesman: Might you also be interested in .....
Posted via Mobile Device

CowboysLawnCareDelaware
02-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Im not sure what size truck/trailer you have, but you need to take weight into consideration if your going to haul rocks and top soil.

-Michael

adam.neusbaum
02-01-2013, 11:22 PM
A friend that worked the outdoor dept at Lowes suggested I shy away from rock since very few retirees want to do that sort of landscaping themselves when there are hundreds of contractors competing for the work. I'm already having to stay strictly to drop-offs to simple spread installs otherwise ill be out chasing estimates & I don't have the time for that.
Posted via Mobile Device