PDA

View Full Version : What do your guys fill out?

MikeTA95
02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Just curious to see what and how much paperwork you make your foremen do each day. I'm Looking for some ideas to increase efficiency.

Rick Grantham
02-04-2013, 08:56 PM
MikeTA95-

Do you think your guys are filling out too much paperwork? What are they doing today?

Rick

MikeTA95
02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
MikeTA95-

Do you think your guys are filling out too much paperwork? What are they doing today?

Rick

I haven't had them fill out anything last year, but this year I'll be adding a crew and I want to move from being there inspecting everything myself to making them have a little more responsibility. For example, at the end of last year they were driving the truck for weeks and having a hard time getting the truck started. No one told me, so I wasn't aware of it until one day when they couldn't get the truck to start at a customers house and I had to have it towed away (which was pretty embarrassing). I just want to have them pay more attention to trucks/trailers/equipment and so I can be more aware of any issues etc

jrs.landscaping
02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
JJ Keller has pre trip inspection reports which can be filled out and list any problems or potential problems the driver sees.

NC Greenscaper
02-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Crew chief gets a schedule with the stops for the day. He puts starting/stop odometer, start/stop time at each customer and sometimes notes. On the back is a equipment checklist listing all the tools and materials required and a remarks section for problems with equipment (mowers, trimmers, truck trailier, etc...).