PDA

View Full Version : F-150 Console Storage

Deori
02-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Hey guys, this is another silly question. My old F-150 had the middle seat up front that would flip down into cup holders and a small storage console which I liked. My new one doesn't have the middle seat, but just a huge console. It's just like a 2X2 hole sitting next to me lol. I find this actually a lot less convenient than my old truck. Trying to think if I should make some little dividers or something to organize it better. It seems like either you throw everything on top of each other like a kid's toy chest or I'm sticking my arm down a 2 foot hole while I'm driving to grab something lol. Anyone have any creative use for this? Miss my old truck *grumble grumble*...
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodman1
02-05-2013, 09:42 PM
I don't know if you would consider this AT ALL, but would you consider taking the factory console out?? I have made almost 1000 consoles for emergency vehicles in the last 15 years. I made them out of Birch plywood. They can be stained or painted or whatever. I made lids for them that become the armrest. You can make the inside just as customized as you like it. Just a thought.

Deori
02-12-2013, 05:22 AM
Hey Woodman,
That's an interesting gig haha. I don't think I would want to remove the factory console though. The lid does current serve as an arm rest and it has a total of 4 cup holders, one at each corner basically, with the two towards the rear for the back seat really. I think I may just have to find/make some little dividers for it myself. Not a real big deal I guess. I do prefer the set up of my old truck better. Much easier to have a gallon jug of water sitting in there and take pulls of it while I'm driving. A lot harder to do with the new one. Oh well. Can't have everything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodman1
02-12-2013, 07:43 AM
I didn't figure that you would want to take it out - just an idea. Good luck! BTW - I love Henderson! If I could pick my farm up and move somewhere - I would be there tomorrow!

Deori
02-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks bud but I'm in Henderson, Nevada. I figure you're thinking of one of the other Hendersons - North Carolina maybe?
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodman1
02-12-2013, 08:26 PM
No man! Henderson Nevada! I have been out there teaching for another line of work several times. I just really like that area.

Deori
02-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Oh haha. Well not a lot of farms out here haha.
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodman1
02-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah I know! Keep your eyes out for a spot to drop a 100 acre tract of land and ill start getting packed!
Posted via Mobile Device

Deori
02-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Well at the height of our real estate boom, land out here was going for close to a million an acre. Who knows what it is now. So bring your checkbook haha! Can't see your location on my phone here, but jealous of your 100 acre farm nonetheless. Out here most houses are on about 0.10 of an acre :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodman1
02-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I loved the area there, but I need space!!! I am in SC. Not too far from Myrtle Beach.
Maybe I'll just have to settle for a visit!!
Posted via Mobile Device

TinMan1
02-13-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm in MB and have had to make 2 middle consoles for my patrol car and I can't build ! Wish I would have known u were close
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodman1
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Man! Holler at me if you need anymore. I try to keep several kinds in stock and ready to go.
Posted via Mobile Device

TinMan1
02-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Will do. I'm getting a new one in a Couple months
Posted via Mobile Device