PDA

View Full Version : Skid Loaders

LawnsRUsInc.
02-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Gas, diesel or propane. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of the pros and the cons. Iam in the market and i found one with propane.
Thank you very much Jason

JML
02-05-2003, 01:56 PM
We have a new holland ls 170 turbo diesel, its got plenty of power..

bob
02-05-2003, 02:31 PM
Diesel! Plent of power and torque.

devildog
02-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by bob
Diesel! Plent of power and torque.

...ditto

grshppr
02-05-2003, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't touch any thing that wasn't diesel powered.

ksss
02-06-2003, 02:19 AM
Obviously diesel is the way to go. I did have a Bobcat 610 that was propane powered (if you could call it that). Working in buildings, they are nice because of less emissions but that is it. Hard to start in winter, no power and it seemed like I was also working on it all the time. I also wasn't a fan of having a bottle of propane mounted (exposed) behind my head.

LawnsRUsInc.
02-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Oh so its a pain in the butt? Yea i could see it being hard to start i was just like that machine is nice for $7,000 but if its a head ache i dont need anymore. I have enough with my dump trucks. Yea so deisel is the way to go then?
jason

ksss
02-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Lawns,

If you've got 7K to spend you can find a decent machine for that if you look. Grab the latest issue of ROCK @ DIRT and check out the auction bills towards the back. Its getting to be auction time and if you know what to look for you can find a gem at a good price. You might also go to Ritchie Bros. web site and see what sales are going to be in your area. I buy our skid steers new but everything else I buy at auction if I can. One other idea is go to Iron Planet you can bid on skid steers online. Everything is inspected and rated including oil and hydraulic samples. Its a pretty good deal. I would use more but trucking kills me out here. Its seems like everything I want is on the east coast. good luck.

paponte
02-07-2003, 03:50 PM
TURBO DIESEL!! I would not waste my money on ANYTHING else. LPG is a PITA. Dealing with having bottles available on the job, having a fenced in lockable area to store it on the job, never the less just transporting the stuff. Thats why the price is so cheap, they just want to get rid of their headache. :nono: