PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Trimmer LIne

mowerman90
08-21-2000, 11:16 PM
Anyone out there that knows where I can purchase "Viper" .095 round line in 3lb spool. It's made by Desert Extrusion Company. My dealer say's that the distributor in Florida only stocks the square line and I don't care for square stuff. I'll buy 4 spools if any of you can find it for me.

Thanks

1MajorTom
08-21-2000, 11:36 PM
Don't know if this will be of any help to you, but have you tried their website?
http://www.desertextrusion.com/index.html

They are based out of Arizona. Maybe you could e-mail them to find out if you could order it directly from them.

Jodi

WALKERMOW
08-22-2000, 03:18 PM
hey mowerman have you used desert line before? if so is it a good line i have been having problems with line welding with husqvarna trimmer line.
thanx. russell

AB Lawn Care
08-22-2000, 03:58 PM
I find that sthil brand trimmer line works good.I use the round style not the square.I read an article in one of the industry mags on the subject of trimmer line.They tested out all the styles and found that plain old round line holds up the best.Why you ask?They said that square and similar lines frey split and snap much more than round.Hope this helps!I actually agree with that study.I was useing green square .110 sthil and it would snap frey and split all the time.I swiched the orange round sthil .110 and it lasts at least 1/3 longer.Hope this helps!

mowerman90
08-22-2000, 10:30 PM
To AB Lawncare

Thanks for the info. I used to use Stihl line (.095 Rd) but don't like Square line at all of any brand. It seems like it's always out of balance for some reason. I've never tried .105 line, do you think it's too big for my Echo 2601 to handle? If not, maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks

AB Lawn Care
08-22-2000, 10:33 PM
mowerman90-I don't know if that line would fit in your echo.Just ask the dealer if you can try it out.If the dealer won't let you open a package than just buy the smallest package you can and give it a try.Plus if your trimmer will not hold that large of line chances are that you will own a trimmer down the road that will.Hope this helps!

eslawns
08-22-2000, 10:45 PM
You can run .105 on any of the trim heads I've seen that hold .095 and it should be OK. I tried .130 and it didn't feed properly. I hate to use any but the round also, and have the same comment about Husqvarna line welding also. Used Shindaiwa before I got these 2 spools and will go back to Shindaiwa. I saw some new line at the Expo in KY that was silver. It's expensive, so I would like someone else to be the guinea pig. If you guys have tried it, let us know.

mowerman90
08-22-2000, 10:57 PM
To: ESLAwns

The line you may be thinking of is made by Oregon and is supposed to have aluminum in it. From what my source say's it's supposed to be break resistant and will not weld together. Only drawback is that it only comes in square.

excel25
08-23-2000, 12:11 AM
eslawns The new line at ky, was gator line and it works awwwwsome, only have used since ky. but love it and my supplier is ordering some for me.:D

WALKERMOW
08-23-2000, 12:17 AM
hey excel
who makes gator line? and where can i get info on it
i would love to try it
thanks ..russell