PDA

View Full Version : Super Z stripping kit questions

dannyc33
02-07-2003, 12:04 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to put a roller stripping kit on my Super Z, like an Exmark. I'm not sure I can because of the black support bar on the back of the deck. Could it go anywhere else?
Right now I have a chain kit on back, but am considering moving it underneith and hooking it up on one of the yellow bars between the wheels. I'm also going to add a rubber strip either on the deck or on the other yellow bar for ultimate stripping.

Does anyone have any idea on how to make the roller work, since rollers stripe the best. And how have you other fellow Super Z onwers added stripping kits? Got any pics?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dan

mowerconsultant
02-09-2003, 09:02 PM
There is no room to mount the striping roller on the back of the Hustler decks.
There are a couple of members here that have mounted a chain striping kit to the back of the frame on there Super Z's.
KirbysLawn and Excel25 are the 2 that I know of.
Guys do you have a couple pics you can share ?
Also, there is a aftermarket company that makes a rolling type to fit the Hustler Z's, PM me and I will get you that info.

Thanks
Pj

KirbysLawn
02-10-2003, 01:33 AM
Here is the one I made. I will ahve to do some fixin the bar bent some and I must figure how to re-work it.

excel25
02-10-2003, 09:23 AM
I had the chains on and got them stuck in my trailer ramp. just go to H/D or lowes got angel iron with holes, Held bar on with C clamps. Now have a rubber strip I put on back of deck, works great.

dannyc33
02-10-2003, 11:52 AM
that's how I did mine, but mine extended out to the inner wheels.
Is there away to get a chain kit under the mower, mine gets bent too sometimes.
Dan