PDA

View Full Version : wieght of 48" W.B.

jeff in ohio
02-09-2003, 09:05 PM
I I'm interested in a 48" walk behind for home use, I'm not sure if I am reading your specs correctly. How much does the whole unit weigh including the deck? Correct me if I wrong, but for my use, 3/4 acre watered lush bluegrass lawn, wouldn't a walk behind - instead of a heavier ride on ZTR serve me better?
Thanks jeff in ohio

Doc Pete
02-09-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by jeff in ohio
I I'm interested in a 48" walk behind for home use, I'm not sure if I am reading your specs correctly. How much does the whole unit weigh including the deck? Correct me if I wrong, but for my use, 3/4 acre watered lush bluegrass lawn, wouldn't a walk behind - instead of a heavier ride on ZTR serve me better?
Thanks jeff in ohio

As I understand, you're looking at about 650lbs. Besides current ZTR'S weighing in the 900/1100lb. range, you are also adding "your" weight on the same wheels, increasing the total weight by that amount. I've got a fair amount of 1/2 to 3/4 acre lawns that My Hustler WB cuts very well. Also, on a smaller lawn, in order to "make time", plus not tear up the lawn, many ZTR guys can only cut a small lawn one way. This is one of the biggest reasons you see ruts from them. Futhermore, because ZTR's need to K turn at the end of the pass, you'll find many lawns have their edge grass "look funny", unless they can turn in the driveway, road or sidewalk.
Pete

mowerconsultant
02-09-2003, 09:30 PM
The Hustler WB's weigh between 620 and 712 depending on what model you are looking at.
The most common models are the following...
17/48 @ 650 pounds
17/54 @ 660 pounds

Of course you will soon have available to you the Super Walk Behinds, that may be worth waiting the extra month or so for.
They will have a heavier duty filter system, more hp and larger tires.

You can check out all the models and specs of all of our WB's here
Super WB info (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39252)

Depending on how tight your property is with obstacles and such a wb may be your best choice.

Later
Pj

jeff in ohio
02-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the response, that was fast. I must be an idiot, I was worried that with the deck the walk behinds were around 900 lbs.
Will the supers really be out in a month or so?
Thanks again!

mowerconsultant
02-10-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by jeff in ohio
Will the supers really be out in a month or so?
Well.....
Maybe a little more than a month.....
April is more like it.
We are taking orders from dealers now though.
Call your dealer and let them know that you want one or want to see one, so they can get it as soon as they come off the production line.

Later
Pj

jeff in ohio
02-10-2003, 11:07 PM
one last question- will the blade tip speed be higher on the new supers?
thanks again, jeff in ohio