PDA

View Full Version : How does your garden grow?

ladibugg
02-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Does anyone have a nice garden or a landscape that make people stop and stare?
I mean have you built for yourself a beautiful yard?
Does anyone comment about it?

And if you haven't, why not?
Is it to much work to do the upkeep?

lawnstudent
02-10-2003, 08:43 AM
I've had numerous people stop to look, ask or photo my front yard when my flower beds are in full bloom. When they were first installed 13 years ago, use of native flowers in formal landscape beds was rather unique and my yard received a lot more attention. Today all the local nurseries all sell native flowers and it is quite common to see native flowers in the landscape. How about your own yard?

jim

Phishook
02-11-2003, 01:47 AM
very poorly, sad to say.:(

BRL
02-11-2003, 01:44 PM
I'm gettin' to it. Just give me a liitle time, it'll look good one day. ;) Until then, just drive by with the eyes facing forward OK?

bobbygedd
02-11-2003, 02:07 PM
my yard looks like the addams family lives there

GarPA
02-11-2003, 02:13 PM
I hate to brag....but out of 100 homes in my immediate area...mine is quite the good looking landscape and is the "standout" property... have gotten allot of work from people saying "I want mine to look like yours"...I politely tell them that it will take a some time and a fair amount of money...and that it will take considerable time (for them or me) to keep after perennial beds and other plantings....I actually warn them, that too much landscape can become a maintenance burden.....I know all too well what it takes to maintain my landscape nightmare

J&R
02-11-2003, 02:15 PM
I hate to say but my yard the Addam's family wouldn't live there.