PDA

View Full Version : spam mail

steveair
08-23-2000, 07:47 AM
To the administrator or whoever,

It appears we have the old spam situation again, as I have been receiveing new 'get rich' quick business offers everyday again.

Is there something we can do about this?

I hated this on AOL, thats why I don't use them anymore. At the rate they are coming, it appears they will become a problem shortly.

Did something happen on the switch over with the new page/site where people got hold of all our addresses?

Maybe its just me, but I think with the nature of the spam, it is related to this site.

Just asking if something can be done. Thanks, and still love the site.

steveair

Eric ELM
08-23-2000, 08:43 AM
This new site seem more secure than most. I tried to get your email address just to see how easy it is. If I right click on the Icon to email you and then go to properties, I get, Lawnsite gif. The way it looks to me, the only way they could email you is to use the Lawnsite form that pops up when you click on emailing you. Is that what's happening? The only junk mail I'm getting is on an old email address from Hotmail that I have never used on Lawnsite. The new email address that I got 2 months before Lawnsite switched programs and servers, I have not gotten any junk mail. Just a lot from Lawnsite members, which is far from junk. I agree, AOL had to be the worst for getting junk mail.

sjewel
08-23-2000, 02:30 PM
I have not recieved any spam mail lately. Are you sure they couldn't have got it from any other site.

thelawnguy
08-23-2000, 04:33 PM
Somebody from exmark mined lawnsite for e-mails, the spam even said where they got my address.

The delete button isnt that hard to hit.

Charles
08-23-2000, 05:02 PM
YOu quit aol because of spam? Man, you need to take some vitamins so you can hit that delete button. Like the lawnguy said. Takes very little effort. Oh yes, aol has cut down on spam dramatically. Maybe 5 pieces of that kinda mail a day.

[Edited by Charles on 08-23-2000 at 08:24 PM]