PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Boy Questions

mow betta
02-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Greetings, I've been looking at mowers for the last few years and have settled on a Lawn Boy Silver Pro push model based on its low weight, power, and reasonable price. In the opinion of the pros is the duraforce 2 stroke engine of good quality? Is the staggered wheel a cause for scalping? Can I run Amsoil 100:1 premix with good results? Are there any mods that you perform on Lawn Boys out of the box? Thanks in advance.

SAWDOC
02-27-2003, 03:43 PM
You made a good choice of mowers. The duraforce engine is a great engine and should last many years. The stag wheel is great and never had any problems with scalping. I personally run Stihl mix in my lawnboys at 50 to 1. I use nothing but Amsoil in my vehicals but can not see a cost benifit to the amsoil mix.

johnhenry
03-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Great choice.The stagger wheel is for trimming around trees.I use opi-1 2 cycle oil.The stagger wheel will take awhile to get use to.But you wont scalp

ksland
03-06-2003, 12:57 AM
I love mine, only had it for a year but she still looks and runs new

gusbuster
03-06-2003, 02:03 AM
I've been using lawnboy's for many years. The staggered wheel setup does need time to get use to, but once you get use to it, you'll find it easier to turn than most mowers.

The trick to not scalp with any rotary mower is learning how to apply pressure to the handle bar{up and down} when going over holes or getting close to high bed edges.

John