PDA

View Full Version : dimension and split apps (what rate)

mac43rn
02-11-2003, 11:26 PM
I am going to apply a lesco product 0-0-7 with .10 dimension. I am going to apply on April 1 and again on May 15. My question is how much to I apply. What is the maximum amount of dimension I can apply and control crabgrass. I will be using sustane as my fert of choice this year but I do need to control crabgrass. I would also like to know how to figure the proper amount of dimension to apply (what formula did you use).

Thanks

greenman
02-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Read the label. Do you think April is a bit late or no?

mac43rn
02-12-2003, 09:31 AM
The recomendation from Tenbarge Seed (graduate for Purdue Ag Science) is April 15. Just to be safe I apply April 1 every year. Have been very successful. Thanks.

kickin sum grass
03-01-2003, 07:44 PM
try to have it down no later than april 1st. It needs to be down and have time to form a barrier before the crabgrass germinates. dimension does have some post effects but you would be better making sure you took full advantage of the pre. You should not have to use a split app for dimension has a longer residual effect and should cover you for a longer period of time compared to pre-m. This is the reason we switched from pre-m to dimension to 1. only have to make 1 app and 2. we can apply it earlier and still have the same control.
hope this helps.
as far as amount it will tell you on the label for single and split apps i think.

I was in your town of evansville a few months ago. I went to the horse track across the river in henderson I think the town was called.