PDA

View Full Version : Spreader for ZTR - tow behind?

BigDave
02-13-2003, 09:44 PM
I have an Exmark 52" Lazer HP on order for my 2 acres of lawn. (I am counting down the days for its delivery - and yes it's probably overkill, but I know it will make mowing a pleasure, and it should last a lifetime).

My question is about a spreader. I've done lots of searches on this site, and it appears that most people either buy a walk behind spreader, or an expensive electric unit to mount to their ZTR. But what about tow behinds? I see on Spyker's web site that they have a tow behind on special for under $300. It seems to me like a tow behind might be a reasonable compromise between a walk behind and a ZTR-mounted unit.

What is your advice?

Thanks,
Dave

menchhofer
02-14-2003, 12:16 PM
I have pulled a spreader for years with ZTR..Just have to be careful with the turning radius..

BigDave
02-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Thanks menchhofer. I actually decided to go with a push spreader, because I realized that for spreading salt on my driveway in the winter, I'm not going to want to bring out the tractor to tow it.

Based on advise from this site, I ordered a Spyker 96-22 that I found here: http://raysbaginc.com/SPYKER%20SPREADER%2050%20SERIES for $205. It has what I'm looking for, for the right price; the odd thing is that this model isn't listed on Spyker's web site.

Dave