PDA

View Full Version : I got a good deal on skid steer tires BUT???

General Grounds
02-14-2003, 09:45 PM
:blob3: i own a CAT 226 and has about 300 hours on it and the machine gets babied, my dealer contacted me and said he had a great deal on tires they actually will stop making this tire and happens to be the type on my machine. i purchased the tires but the machine will not need tires until at the very least next fall, will new tires dry rot or is there anything i can do to keep them new till im ready, i have them stored in a cool dry place. any help?? tony

Randy Scott
02-15-2003, 12:52 PM
I can't imagine them or any tire dry rotting in just a years time, especially kept out of the sun.

Gravel Rat
02-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Is it a size thats getting discontinued or is it just a tread type thats getting discontinued I wouldn't buy new tires just because you can't get the same tread type. If you are getting a real good deal where its something you can't pass up go for it but otherwise I wouldn't buy new tires and have them sit.

PR0 TURF
02-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Just keep them out of the sun in a cool place and they'll last for ages in there before any dry rot occurs. You could also spray some Armor all on them for som eadded protection.
:alien:

zedosix
03-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Its the ultraviolet rays in the sun that kills the tires. Just stack them on their side out of the sun and they'll be fine. Not sure I would be spraying them with armour all. It deteriorates the rubber after repeated use.

m&m
10-29-2003, 05:01 PM
i would not spray armor all on them at all