PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean-up Starting For Me

fatboy5803
02-14-2003, 10:08 PM
For me being New in the Lawn Service it's starting to "Rock&Roll".
It's great to get these jobs by word of mouth. And getting full time customers from the clean-ups say's I'm doing it right !! It makes you feel good about what you're doing. Has anyone else experienced this??

Lou :blob2:

Heller Landscaping
02-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Quality work speaks for itself.:) Boy do I wish I was starting Spring clean-ups .:mad: We have 4" of snow:(

kutnkru
02-14-2003, 11:45 PM
Next month I hope to be feeling that same vibe your getting from the FL sunshine!! :D

ChadsLawn
02-15-2003, 12:00 AM
For me just getting out is tough right now...I'm limited to time cause of a full time job I had to take last year..I trusted my brother last year to keep my business going...But he had more important thing to do...( dream about money).. I was totally out of the lawn business 3 weeks after I let him take over...So now I'm starting fresh with new customers in a new area..

I know this has nothing to do with Spring clean-ups but I just had to get it off my shoulders..

Chad

fatboy I'm in the Tampa area

grshppr
02-15-2003, 12:12 AM
No snow here so we are getting a head start on spring cleanups starting on the 18th of Feb. Can't wait to use some of the new equipment i've bought :) After a very bad winter with now snow to plow I'm looking forward to getting some money in the bank!

paponte
02-15-2003, 01:20 AM
:mad: I'm jealous!! :mad: Cleanups are hard for me right now... BECAUSE THERE'S ABOUT 6 INCHES OF SNOW STILL LEFT!! At least someone is out making some green!! Good luck this year to all you guys already started! :D

fatboy5803
02-15-2003, 09:08 AM
I feel for all that have the cold elements to deal with. We had a cold winter for Fla. standards though but not the snow.... Hey chad, been to the Tampa area a few times, nice area. I'm like you with a full time job to deal with. Only thing I can suggest is do Quality work and you'll get calls!! Thanks all for the replies...

Lou
:)

MOW ED
02-15-2003, 09:58 AM
I'll be starting in about a month and a half, wait a minute I can't believe that I am responding to a Clean-Up post in February.

I have to go take my Walker for a spin around the driveway.

Strawbridge Lawn
02-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Cleanups underway here in Va Beach. Should finish up with them by months end and at the same time have all the fertilizing done.
Actually putting in mulch now andwill do a renovation end of month.
The climate here matches pretty close to that in North Carolina and northwest South Carolina. Big Stom this weekend and lots of snow nearby, but long range forecast models call for 50s and 60s by next weekend. It won;t be long folks.. Hang in there.

Gary
RET USN Meteorologist

sharpcut
02-15-2003, 01:59 PM
i dont know but ive had the spring time itch for a while now . cant wait to start working again ...ive been getting alittle heavier around the mid section since the end of the season.haha anyone else have this problem.
lawn care is my main job in the winter,since i dont plow,i just pick up a part time job to try to stay active and wait for spring .
good luck to everybody starting all ready have a good season

fatboy5803
02-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Before we all know it all the cold & snow will be gone and be in the groove again! I'm not sue what I'd do if we had the weather ya'll have in the Cold Climates?? :rolleyes: We can just about stay working most of the year.. Good Luck to All!!

Lou:blush:

ChadsLawn
02-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Hey fatboy maybe 1 day you and I can meet somewhere...Do you have aim/aol ??? my s/n is chadslawn on aim/aol

LB Landscaping
02-15-2003, 11:07 PM
We've got about 2-3 feet of hard packed snow on the ground and its with the low temp records we've been setting it looks like I'll be starting the season in June.

fatboy5803
02-16-2003, 10:17 AM
ChadsLawn

Maybe one day if I plan on going to the West Coast I'll let you know.. I don't have aim/aol.. I ride a Harley and we go all over the State, but since I'm back in the Lawn Care that'll taper off some.. But who knows !! :cool:

Lou

stslawncare
02-25-2003, 11:10 AM
fatboy i wish you best of luck. chad glad to see you are back.
as for spring cleanups here, not for atleast 2 more months, after somewhat warmer weather (above freezing during the day) we are beginning to see patches of ground, but in some areas especially where snow was piled ground is no where near. in addition more snow for the next few days. i cant believe im in delaware, but i cant complain.

fatboy5803
02-25-2003, 09:11 PM
stslawncare,,, Thanks so much..... I really feel for all yus guys that are in the snow area's.. The weather is doing just fine here in the south. Later in the day's to come were expecting some rain. I really hope it doesn't the next 2 week-ends as I was hopeing to take a break and take a ride on the Motorcycle to check out Bike Week in Daytona!! Oh well ---- happens! Good Luck to all with the real bad weather problems,,,,.

Lou

yardman1
02-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Things are starting to pickup alot around here in south ms, you can see a green tint in the grass. You guys up north have been catching h@#$.

MCGRAIL LAWN
02-26-2003, 11:09 AM
Well we dont have many clean ups jobs right now
So 3rd wk in March

we will be delivering flyers like mad 10k 1 wk

Then we will be starting our spring clean ups and leaving a 18x24 yard sign at each residential home.

All of our weekly lawn care customers MUST sign up for a spring cleaning or meat or spring cleaning standards. So far only 2 have not signed up.

So Last wk in March and untill April 20 is our SPRING CLEAN SEASON.

Weekly maintenance starts April 21 2003

Lawn dethatching and aeration will be performed 1st wk of May
untill end of season..

Also we have 1 clean up job that we could use some help on.
It is a house and the back yard slopes down to a creek.

The slope it about 35 ft x 200

Filled will weeds and brush

Cant use chemicals because the home owner does not what it to run off into the creek.

Is a controlled burn the best way to go

You know with a propane tourch.

Please help

Thank You

Best of luck to you all

Gravely_Man
02-26-2003, 01:18 PM
That is really good news for you! The only spring clean ups that I am doing is removing the snow from driveways and walks right now.

Gravely_Man

djsmokin
03-03-2003, 09:31 AM
Hey Fatboy Lou, Guess you ride a Fatboy? My last scooter was a 1997 Fatboy. I sold it to buy my lawn equipment, plus didn't think I would have the time to ride until got this biz up and going.

Send North FLorida some sunshine will ya? Dj

turfcare
03-03-2003, 12:28 PM
I just started cleanups last week. As usual we did not get much snow here in Tennessee. Temperatures have gotten into the 60's a couple of days in February. I just started this business part time and I have to say, this job is as rewarding as anything I have done and I definitely sleep better at night.;)