PDA

View Full Version : What do ya'll suggest

Mow4u
02-17-2003, 12:29 PM
I just wanna know what can a tractor do that a skeedster cant, I mean I know a skeedster can do quicker manuvering and all that stuff. but what about a Newholland tc40d or soemthing like that a smaller 4x4 tractor with a front end loader, but on the back a harley rake. I mean doesn't that sound like a good package, I have no clue but would like to know what a tractor can do that the skeedster can't and what ya'll prefer if ya'll had to choose. I mean I dunno. thats why im asking i mean I could see a tractor being more resonable around these parts than a skeedster (casue they tear up the ground) Thanks Dusty

MOW ED
02-17-2003, 01:44 PM
One thing is that a tractor has less of a tendancy to tear up the ground/turf in delicate areas. A skid steer does that skids when it steers. Thats one thing. I don't use them much and there will be others that can help you, but thats my contribution.

PR0 TURF
02-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Try posting this in the Tractor Forum...maybe you'd get a better response...just an idea

:waving:

o-so-n-so
02-17-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm in the process of adding a new tractor to my arsenal. I done just what your doing now. Ask the questions from the people that have experience with both machines.

Skid-steer if: Doing a lot of installs. Moving a lot of materials on non-existing lawn areas. Moving a lot of heavy materials at one site. A skid-steer would be productive for this type work.

Tractor if: Working on existing lawn areas. Using it for multi task purpose. Bushhogging, tilling, grading, spreading materials, leveling, front loader work, and in my case, help in cleaning up stump grindings and clearing work.

I have all but took delivery of a John Deere 4610 44hp 4X4. I also tested out the same tractor that you mentioned. Very sweet machine. I was sold on it until I worked the JD. Nice machine also with a good service d-part. Service sold me.

doa
02-17-2003, 04:50 PM
Just my .02 and I have skid steer. but if you have universal quick attach on the bucket (bobtatch system) and run aux. hyd. out the lift arms a tractor can do any thing a skid steer can.