PDA

View Full Version : Just Starting, Supply List?

Rebaeg
02-20-2003, 12:52 PM
Hi, I have a feeling that everyone here is more into "heavy" landscaping, but I have a question about the gardening aspect of it. I am planing to start my own business and have a few questions. Besides basic tools and a decent vehicle, what other supplies should I have on hand? Also, any ideas on how much to charge per hour would be great. Thanks so much!

precisionlawn
02-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Are you going to be doing any lawn maintenance, (i.e. mowing, trimming, etc.?)

Rebaeg
02-20-2003, 03:04 PM
No, mostly garden design, plant installation and maintanence. Also mulching and edging, but no lawn care.
Thanks.

walker-talker
02-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Start a thread in the landscapers forum, they might be able to help ya out.

MATT

Kirk
02-22-2003, 10:48 AM
Hi there...that's more or less what I did in Munich.....Seriously I made a killing :) I charged $40.- an hour ( I am a Engineer with degree ) all I had was a Pick up, a trailer,wheel barrel, shovels, rakes, Hay Forks, a tool that I could not find here yet :mad: it had a flat end and a sharp end( kind hard to explain) very handy for planting, fertilizer, gloves, good clothing, boots, calculator, nice professional invoices, a price list ( written prices make it harder for a customer to argue with you ) pruning tools ...even if you only go on a planting job, people always ask you if you could prune this or that real quick...plus it's extra cash, Sandbinder and silica sand...tons of money in refurbishing old patios ( and it's so easy it's disgusting) I always just power-washed the old patios, mixed 2 bags of sand with 1 liter of Immobest, sweep in and go..charged $65.- an hour pus $150 a bottle of Immobest. The sand is cheap. You need contacts for cheap rocks, mulch so and so forth, maybe you can even get your own little yard, where you store these things you need on a daily basis ( I needed 2 properties within 2 years)
Anyway, you will find out down the road, what kind of customers you have and what they want you to do. Just buy the tools as you go. You should not need major equipment.

Good luck

Sabine